• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deadpool 2

Darth Biscuit

5 minutes ago, lightsout said:

There was a slight nod that it may. Apart from Deadpool literally calling Josh Brolin's Cable "Thanos" at one point. I think they're preparing us for it. Deadpool is entirely dependent on SHIELD, Cable, Spider-Man, the X-Men and various mainstream Avengers to exist further in good movies. This movie wrapped up his character arc (unless they want to introduce the comic book schizophrenia somehow). 

Seriously, put Deadpool in the next Avengers movie, even for a 10 minute scene. It'd go over like crazy and be a good way to announce that the deal is done and the inclusion of Fox properties has begun in the MCU. And the end credits scene actually fixes one of the major roadblocks to making it happen from a canonical standpoint.

What’s the end credit scene you are referring to? 

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

The last one. Think killing the idea of Green lantern and the Origins movie is more than just a joke.

Ah I see, makes it less confusing. Well it’s runored that in Avengers 4 the gang will use time travel to defeat thanos. I think it’s odd how both devices on Cables wrist and the Avengers wrist are similar. Maybe it’s for a “just in case” or maybe it’s legit and will connect the two. The gauntlet is a great way to introduce the x-men/FF/Deadpool in the MCU. Time travel could make time splits of reality or the reality stone could be used and everything is completely different..something similar to House of M storyline. 

I think Reynolds is hilarious and really good at self deprication but theres only so far you can go with that. I laughed a lot watching this movie but you need to be a fan of superhero movies, movie tropes, and last century trivia to fully grok all the jokes. Liked the kids character, Cable was cool. Next week I get to play with his giant gun!

The biggest problem with getting DP into the MCU is that Deadpool is all about breaking that fourth wall and the MCU demands you treat everything going on with some respect. DP will lose a lot of his charm trying to interact with people that really are not into taking other peoples crap. This is a reason why the dialog with the metallic russian XMan is so stilted to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like Deadpool is the perfect character for Ryan Reynolds.  His style of comedy fits best with this character. It's borderline too good of a fit.  It will be hard seeing him as anything but Deadpool. 

Archived