• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn't make you vegan or pescetarian I don't know what will

Snake

On 5/24/2018 at 7:31 PM, TPanther920 said:

For decades they told us eggs would kill us. Now eggs are good for us. The best thing for us is not to eat or drink anything but last I heard that wasn't good for long term health either.

Eggs are still terrible for you. Basically any land mammal is. I can eat almost anything plant based you can and not be popping 20 Hart and blood medications when I'm 45.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:13 PM, cookinbrak said:

People in France and Italy live for 100 years drinking, smoking, and blowing livestock. Nobody lives forever. Look at the dude that told people that they were fat on "The Biggest Loser" being all healthy right into a heart attack.

France has one of the lowest obesity rates in the world. I mean have you been there? Their food portions are much smaller and they all cook not try to find the cheapest meal available. Even their restaurants are geared towards food quality not prices. 

http://criticalhealthnews.com/health-news/25-ben-fuchs-articles/164-yum-cholesterol-eat-up

Cholesterol is an anabolic (building) chemical. It plays an important role in the production of the hormones of youth, fertility, and growth. Its mere presence tells the body that anti-aging and repair can proceed and its production is stimulated by stress and tissue breakdown, which, in just the right amount, functions as growth signals. This partially accounts for our societal tendency to have higher blood cholesterol levels than we actually need. Our cultural inclinations to long term chronic stress and degenerative diseases, along with high blood sugar and insulin (there’s a reason that diabetes and elevated blood cholesterol go hand-in-hand), not to mention the physiological burden of nutritional deficiencies, are the ultimate cause of elevated cholesterol and the real bad guys in the epic decades-long drama called “CHOLESTEROL-MANIA”.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cockroach-milk-superfood-trend-entomilk/

The pesky bug is actually filled with an energy-rich milk-like substance. It's not your typical non-dairy milk alternative like almond milk, but cockroach milk is gaining popularity once again, after coming to the forefront in 2016.

In 2016, a research team based at the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine in India said the "milk" from the Pacific beetle cockroach could make for the next great superfood. These cockroaches possess protein-rich crystals that lactate to feed their young.

This particular type of cockroach, which is usually found on Pacific islands like Hawaii, gives birth to their babies, as opposed to laying eggs. Their "milk" is made up of protein-infused crystals reported to have three times the energy of the equivalent mass of normal dairy milk.

"The crystals are like a complete food -- they have proteins, fats and sugars. If you look into the protein sequences, they have all the essential amino acids," Sanchari Banerjee, one of the main researchers, told the Times of India.

Archived