• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Training camp resource

I've already started getting questions about training camp. I know it's right around the corner. Here's some preliminary info:

1) The Panthers have not released the camp dates/schedule yet, but it shouldn't be too long. Generally speaking, it should be around the same dates/schedule as last year -- but that's not in stone. Just keep watching panthers.com.

2) We will continue to run free shuttle buses from a couple of locations, primarily the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium parking lot on North Church Street. A map and directions will be available soon on panthers.com.

3) Parking and access to parking will be easier this year because construction of Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium is complete.

4) We will have an opening kickoff party for the first practice as we have done in the past; date/time TBA. Location will be the same - Gibbs Stadium.

I'm happy to answer what I can right now and to follow up later when more info is available. I'm also happy to provide info about Spartanburg.

Looking forward to seeing everybody soon!

On 6/8/2018 at 1:51 PM, Panthers_Lover said:

I've already started getting questions about training camp. I know it's right around the corner. Here's some preliminary info:

1) The Panthers have not released the camp dates/schedule yet, but it shouldn't be too long. Generally speaking, it should be around the same dates/schedule as last year -- but that's not in stone. Just keep watching panthers.com.

2) We will continue to run free shuttle buses from a couple of locations, primarily the Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium parking lot on North Church Street. A map and directions will be available soon on panthers.com.

3) Parking and access to parking will be easier this year because construction of Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium is complete.

4) We will have an opening kickoff party for the first practice as we have done in the past; date/time TBA. Location will be the same - Gibbs Stadium.

I'm happy to answer what I can right now and to follow up later when more info is available. I'm also happy to provide info about Spartanburg.

Looking forward to seeing everybody soon!

Awesome thanks for posting. @Jeremy Igo @Montsta @Proudiddy @rayzor This should be moved to the main forum.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I really do hope they keep camp there. It’s a solid spot with easy parking and lots of places to eat, etc. I can’t recall the burger place, tiny shack of a place but damn good food. 

Ike's?  In front is a RR and bridge?

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I really do hope they keep camp there. It’s a solid spot with easy parking and lots of places to eat, etc. I can’t recall the burger place, tiny shack of a place but damn good food. 

I think I know what you're talking about but can't remember the name either. Long diner with not many tables. Burgers were friggin amazing. The Beacon is okay too but not my favorite place by any means.

Just now, stbugs said:

Yep. That’s it. I googled to find it again as I’ve only been there once. My sister lives in Spartanburg so she’s taken my parents there as well. Great place. 

Ike's is temporarily closed for renovations.  Article in the paper had reopen date this week.  They have posted pics on FB.  I live a couple of miles from there.  Here is part of article

Ike’s Korner Grill on Archer Road in Spartanburg is temporarily closed for renovations.

Owner Neil Rodgers said he plans to spend up to $40,000 to upgrade the restaurant’s equipment and interior. The restaurant closed Saturday afternoon and will remain closed until the renovations are completed. Rodgers said he expects to reopen regular business hours June 12.

Some of the improvements will include a new french fryer, stand-up freezer and new paint on the ceiling. Rodgers said he also plans to remove a seven-foot vehicle hood out of the building and replace it with a larger hood. The improvements are being made to make Ike’s more efficient, he said.

“I needed to get more efficient with our service,” Rodgers said. “I had been thinking about doing the renovations over the past three years, and now is the time to do it.”

Rodgers plans to paint the ceiling black and an air-conditioning tube in the ceiling gold in honor of Wofford College. Ike’s serves a lot of Wofford students throughout the school year, Rodgers said.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:51 PM, stbugs said:

Ike's. I responded before I read the other posts.

Archived