• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Sale to Tepper is Final

Jimmy

17 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Quote from David Tepper with sale now finalized: "Winning is the most important thing both on the field and in the community, and I am committed to winning a Super Bowl. I look forward to being part of the Panthers’ family and to supporting this flourishing region."

Expected him to say something like... “ I’m committed to keeping the curse of no consecutive winning seasons alive and well”.

8 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

If you think Tepper is gonna come in and clear house right away you're gonna be highly disappointed...It might happen but not right away.

Tina Becker is already out, and that shouldn't shock anyone. Lots of speculation that Tepper will put someone of his own in there.

Team counsel Richard Thigpen probably has a target on his back.  He would have been the one who negotiated (and failed to report) the NDAs.

I've seen speculation from at least one insider that Tepper will clear out the front office (maybe including Hurney) sooner than people think.  Hard to say what'll happen there, or when.

My personal guess: He installs a team president and that guy evaluates everybody during this coming season.

lol @ those that wanted JR to say something about the allegations and/or apologize in his farewell letter. This is a piece of history. People that are interested will read about this transaction for the rest of time. JR isn't going to taint that by mentioning his wrong-doings.

4 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

lol @ those that wanted JR to say something about the allegations and/or apologize in his farewell letter. This is a piece of history. People that are interested will read about this transaction for the rest of time. JR isn't going to taint that by mentioning his wrong-doings.

I mean it's probably for the best that he says nothing, but plenty is gonna be said about him.

Archived