• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Wire is the greatest show ever made.

Dex

14 minutes ago, Goondal said:

It is different because it is only a limited run series as opposed to actually having multiple seasons, but it is the most engaged I have been in a show since The Leftovers went off the air.  It is basically a small town murder mystery.  The show it most makes me think of is True Detective.  

Yep, agree 100% with the comparison to True Detective. And I'm going to PM you, Goon, with a link I read yesterday and I'm now going to have to watch the last episode again....

1 hour ago, Goondal said:

It is different because it is only a limited run series as opposed to actually having multiple seasons, but it is the most engaged I have been in a show since The Leftovers went off the air.  It is basically a small town murder mystery.  The show it most makes me think of is True Detective.  

I loved season 1 of True Detective.  I might give it a go.  I have seen the previews but the previews for it never got me interested. 

5 hours ago, Goondal said:

Change "Detective" with "Journalist". Add a lot of Led Zeppelin and vodka.

5 hours ago, CRA said:

I loved season 1 of True Detective.  I might give it a go.  I have seen the previews but the previews for it never got me interested. 

I am not sure what I thought it was going to be from the previews, but it is definitely different than I anticipated.

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2018 at 1:19 PM, CRA said:

aren't they doing a spin off for SOA? With the Mayans?  Probably will suck. 

But SOA was great big picture for a cable TV show.  One of the best in the last 20 years. 

Segal was awesome in SOA.  

I have tried watching Mayans.  So far, its so so.   It seems to me that the Bikers are a back story compared to the Cartel.  But I have only watched a couple of episodes.  

Archived