• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're good.

Rags

Just now, Castavar said:

Lol I swear I see these types of threads every year, only for this team to disappoint.

The Falcons were without 2 pro bowlers on defense, Devonta Freeman, and their safety was ejected early. If we can't beat the Falcons when they're depleted, what makes people think we can beat them when fully healthy? It will be the same result when we play the Saints too. Teams have figured Ron out since the superbowl.

We were without our probowl TE, and our best deep threat.

You act like we're 100%

Just now, Seltzer said:

This is true.  Need to put these analytics to the task and self-scout.  

We're built around the front seven, we consistently play soft coverage on the back end, and we focus on stopping the run from the inside out.

What do the Saints and Falcons do to us? They try to get to the edges in the running game and they focus on getting the ball out quickly in the passing game to negate our pass rush and take advantage of DBs playing 10 yards off.

It's not rocket science. Either Ron is so married to his philosophy that he can't imagine any other way of playing defense or we simply don't trust our personnel on the back end enough to try to play any other way. 

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

Lol I swear I see these types of threads every year, only for this team to disappoint.

The Falcons were without 2 pro bowlers on defense, Devonta Freeman, and their safety was ejected early. If we can't beat the Falcons when they're depleted, what makes people think we can beat them when fully healthy? It will be the same result when we play the Saints too. Teams have figured Ron out (ESPECIALLY the Saints and Falcons).

Coleman is better than Freeman by the way I tried to tell everyone we would have rather had Freeman play. Plus I knew this was a loss before the game was played. No way falcons were going to lose this game they couldn't

1 minute ago, Rags said:

At least I speak my own thoughts and opinions rather than just riding s hate train for that sweet sweet ecred 

You said Funchess needs to “get going” that is Funchess “going” like c’mon man, I’m always very reasonable with you and will discuss poo but open your eyes on that one. 

Its a huge problem when opposing defenses don’t give a poo about your number 1 WR.

This team cannot expect to trot Devin and Torrey out there and expect to win. Even last week these two did f*ck all and Cam was our leading rusher and we put up 16 points.

Josh Gordon is available via trade and Dez Bryant is better than Devin in that exact role, it really doesn’t have to be like this. I don’t even want to hear about not wasting draft picks because we do that on draft day anyways

Just now, steven8989 said:

Coleman is better than Freeman by the way I tried to tell everyone we would have rather had Freeman play. Plus I knew this was a loss before the game was played. No way falcons were going to lose this game they couldn't

I think Freeman's the better back, but Coleman is the type of back we struggle against. We play really well against powerbacks because we focus on stuffing the middle against the run. Faster backs that can get to the edge have always caused us the most problems in the Rivera era.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The Falcons pretty much ran out of safeties today. They absolutely ran the ball down our throats with their 2nd and 3rd string RBs. They weren't anywhere near 100% either.

I will argue that Tevin Coleman is much better than Freeman. We had plays played well and he'd make sure cut back to a hole and take off. Freeman doesn't do that. 

Just now, Shocker said:

When I saw the schedule I saw a loss here.  Plus Atlanta really needed this one after dropping  the first one.  Still, gotta get some of these players back and play the youngins.

I think most of us did but after seeing Jones, Neal and Freeman all go down those expectations changed.

We had a golden opportunity to get off to a fast start while burying a divisional threat. We messed up big time today 

3 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Uh no, Coleman is not better than Freeman.  No.

Just now, Rags said:

I will argue that Tevin Coleman is much better than Freeman. We had plays played well and he'd make sure cut back to a hole and take off. Freeman doesn't do that. 

See my above post on Coleman/Freeman. Freeman is better overall, but Coleman is the type of back that gives us fits.

Archived