• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any Chance Texans Would Trade Clowney?

Soul Rebel

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rings are rings and Eli played out of his damn mind in the playoffs in both of those years. I don't think the Giants regret that trade in the least.

Eli's defense, more specific, the Dline won him those super bowls.    Rivers is by far the better QB, in fact, if Rivers has had the team's Eli has had he would have done so much more.  

2 hours ago, Daywa1ker said:

Lost all respect for the guy his last year at USC when he sat out most of the season even though the coaches and medical staff said he could play.  Weak.

I honestly can't blame a guy for being hesitant to put his body at risk for free when tens of millions of dollars await. Can't say I wouldn't do the same. Then again, it's not exactly surprising that a guy with that mentality has underperformed in the NFL. Ideally you want to find the Lukes and Cams of the world who not only have elite talent, but also LOVE the game. That's when you end up with a HOF player.

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rings are rings and Eli played out of his damn mind in the playoffs in both of those years. I don't think the Giants regret that trade in the least.

Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, and Brad Johnson also have rings. Not saying Eli was bad but Rivers has been a consistently good QB on a bad team. Eli was totally right for not wanting to play for them. 

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Eli's defense, more specific, the Dline won him those super bowls.    Rivers is by far the better QB, in fact, if Rivers has had the team's Eli has had he would have done so much more.  

Rivers may be the better regilar season QB, but go back and look at Eli's playoff numbers during those two Super Bowl runs. Dude played out of his mind. He was a HUGE part of those SB wins.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, and Brad Johnson also have rings. Not saying Eli was bad but Rivers has been a consistently good QB on a bad team. Eli was totally right for not wanting to play for them. 

Nick Foles played put of his mind in last year's playoff run too. He may not be all that good overall, but he was undeniably GREAT in the playoffs last year. The guy earned every bit of that SB MVP trophy.

Dilfer and Johnson won their rings in a different era. You can't grind it out on the ground and play D and win SBs in today's offensive friendly NFL. Well, you might be able to but no one's been able to do it yet.

45 minutes ago, Snake said:

The hell are you talking about? Those Chargers teams 2006-2010 were LOADED

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

The hell are you talking about? Those Chargers teams 2006-2010 were LOADED

Yep. The biggest reasons that most considered the Chargers huge winners in that trade early on wasn't so much Rivers > Eli, it was that Rivers + Shawne Merriman + Nate Kaeding + Roman Oben >>>>> Eli Manning. The Chargers killed it with every asset they picked up in that trade. They got a very good QB in Rivers, a very good kicker in Kaeding, a dominant lass rusher in Merriman, and a starting LT in Oben. They were a MUCH better overall team than the Giants for awhile. But, now the Giants have two rings to show for it all and the Chargers have a bunch of disappointing seasons where they had a good shot at a SB run and went home early.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nick Foles played put of his mind in last year's playoff run too. He may not be all that good overall, but he was undeniably GREAT in the playoffs last year. The guy earned every bit of that SB MVP trophy.

Dilfer and Johnson won their rings in a different era. You can't grind it out on the ground and play D and win SBs in today's offensive friendly NFL. Well, you might be able to but no one's been able to do it yet.

2013 Seattle Seahawks, 2015 Denver Broncos. 

12 minutes ago, hepcat said:

2013 Seattle Seahawks, 2015 Denver Broncos. 

Good call on Seattle. You'll have to excuse me for trying to block 2015 from my memory but I'll never forget that the NFL just completly ignored their own rules and let that team completely tee off on Cam Newton with blatantly illegal hits.

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good call on Seattle. You'll have to excuse me for trying to block 2015 from my memory but I'll never forget that the NFL just completly ignored their own rules and let that team completely tee off on Cam Newton with blatantly illegal hits.

You are forgiven. 2015 didn't happen.

Not a Clowney homer and I don't want him here for the cost reasons alone but I don't believe he has been "all hype" like some believe. His peers have voted him a top 50 player twice now. He was already a First Team All Pro in 2016. He has been to the Pro Bowl twice now. Clowney was just one of two players last season with more than 20 tackles for loss and he was the top DE for it. 3 better than the next closest DE. In 2016 he was tied for the NFL lead with 17 tackles for loss. Last season he was only .5 sacks behind Von Miller. You make it sound like he has done absolutely nothing because he isn't getting 10+ sacks a season. "All hype" lol

Archived