• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy Breakdowns: Giants Are Running A "McAdoo 2.0 (Shula)" Offense

Saca312

28 minutes ago, Toomers said:

How can someone misinterpret so much. This is what happens when you jump wildly and blind homer into threads. Let’s see....

1. Who gives a poo about Shula’s credit for his job here. Has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. 

2. Again, who cares? 

3. Who said you were. I said YOU were using it as a reason for me making my statements. When it was actually the opposite. 

4. This thread was created solely to blame and take shots at Shula. Which if it’s about his time here, have at it. I only made the factual statement that he’s not calling plays so he shouldn’t be judged by the Giants performance. And since it took away from the “agenda” people have took to speculation as the only hope to get the ball rolling again. Then people come in and get on me for bashing him. How does that work?

Maybe you should put some glasses on that nose you keep looking down on everyone with. Try reading.

You know. You are the one that quoted me the first time. If you did so just to bait me, so you could do...this. Then find someone else to berate for your own well being.

Have at it my Huddle brethren. But if this is indicative of your debating style. Please just leave me out of it.

10 minutes ago, Bartin said:

They actually don't which is why I always found the hire to be especially strange. Shurmur has always been a WCO guy having spent his first 10 years in the NFL under Andy Reid and Shula is an Air Coryell guy.

These days there is obviously a lot of crossover and blending of systems and it probably isn't impossible to go from one system to the other provided you know the verbiage but you'd figure that if you are going to hire an OC that doesn't call plays and whose primary purpose is to game plan and implement your system then you would want someone who has a foundation in your system.

Thanks for getting my head straight. I actually knew they ran different Offenses, but in all this mess, it got lost in the noise. What I was trying to say, badly, was that the two of them can cover a wide range of schemes. Maybe they are trying to meld the two types of Offenses together into one hybrid offense.

That was my first thought when I found out Shula was going to NY. What is Shurmur trying to do up there? Well, at least to this point, it is still a work in progress. So who knows what the finished product should actually look like.

Oh, and thanks for imparting wisdom upon my azz, without actually chewing it off. Nowadays, that is a welcome relief. 

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You know. You are the one that quoted me the first time. If you did so just to bait me, so you could do...this. Then find someone else to berate for your own well being.

Have at it my Huddle brethren. But if this is indicative of your debating style. Please just leave me out of it.

This BS coming from someone who quotes me constantly, has called me a bully, and my favorite.....now finds old posts of mine and posts that 28-3 thing at the bottom. I don’t even know what that thing means. And you want to act like you haven’t instigated any of this. I have everything saved. Care to dispute any of this?

Just now, Toomers said:

This BS coming from someone who quotes me constantly, has called me a bully, and my favorite.....now finds old posts of mine and posts that 28-3 thing at the bottom. I don’t even know what that thing means. And you want to act like you haven’t instigated any of this. I have everything saved. Care to dispute any of this?

Up until this thread, to the best of my knowledge, I have never interacted with you. Mainly because I find your posts mostly lacking in civility. And it proved itself out in how you have conducted yourself. Not sure how I could call you anything under those circumstances.

I give out beer for posts I agree with. And I give out 28-3 for post that lack any substance. or are inaccurate. 

10 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Up until this thread, to the best of my knowledge, I have never interacted with you. Mainly because I find your posts mostly lacking in civility. And it proved itself out in how you have conducted yourself. Not sure how I could call you anything under those circumstances.

I give out beer for posts I agree with. And I give out 28-3 for post that lack any substance. or are inaccurate. 

We’ve interacted plenty. You just don’t like the endings. Civility left town with rational thinking. And I’ll debate the substance of any post I make. Not do this..... 

.....So you routinely seek out old posts from people and just claim they are inaccurate(at least in your world)? With no explanation or reasoning? That is awesome! I mean, who wouldn’t respect cowardice like that? Very impressive. What was your purpose in searching back for those of you never wanted to interact with me. Despite doing it several times. 

You convinced yourself of a lie this morning just to further your point. And knew the truth. Take a break....

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

We’ve interacted plenty. You just don’t like the endings. Civility left town with rational thinking. And I’ll debate the substance of any post I make. Not do this..... 

.....So you routinely seek out old posts from people and just claim they are inaccurate(at least in your world)? With no explanation or reasoning? That is awesome! I mean, who wouldn’t respect cowardice like that? Very impressive. What was your purpose in searching back for those of you never wanted to interact with me. Despite doing it several times. 

You convinced yourself of a lie this morning just to further your point. And knew the truth. Take a break....

LOL

Two things my belligerent Huddle brethren. I have never "GONE BACK" to find one of your posts. It would be a waste of time. As you have never posted anything of merit.

I interact with post that intrigue me. You have never posted anything close to that. I made a yuge mistake in this thread. A mistake I will not be making twice.

Second. I agree, I'll be taking a break from you. Your hostile, self important style grates me. Please go bother someone else. Mkay?

32 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

LOL

Two things my belligerent Huddle brethren. I have never "GONE BACK" to find one of your posts. It would be a waste of time. As you have never posted anything of merit.

I interact with post that intrigue me. You have never posted anything close to that. I made a yuge mistake in this thread. A mistake I will not be making twice.

Second. I agree, I'll be taking a break from you. Your hostile, self important style grates me. Please go bother someone else. Mkay?

iamhubby1 reacted to a post in a topic Torrey Smith wants Eric Reid on the Panthers
Thursday at 03:16 PM

Here’s one. You waited over two days to put that in there after I posted. And why was I the only one? There were many that shared the same opinion. Why just me? Why not anyone else? Especially since you don’t want to interact with me. 

Want another one or would you like to tell us  how awesomely above board you are again. 

24 minutes ago, Toomers said:

iamhubby1 reacted to a post in a topic Torrey Smith wants Eric Reid on the Panthers
Thursday at 03:16 PM

Here’s one. You waited over two days to put that in there after I posted. And why was I the only one? There were many that shared the same opinion. Why just me? Why not anyone else? Especially since you don’t want to interact with me. 

Want another one or would you like to tell us  how awesomely above board you are again. 

Here's a thought. Maybe, just maybe, it took me a while to get to that thread? So when I finally got around to reading it, then I could "React" to your post.

I did not quote you. I have never quoted you. Just like I said. I made the mistake of quoting you in this thread. That is one mistake I can rectify. 

If you have a problem with the reactions you get from your posts. Maybe you could, oh I don't know, quit posting nonsensical drivel. Or quit attacking folks. Or better yet. Start being part of the solution, not a part of the problem. In other words. If you don't like negative feedback. Don't bring in upon yourself. 

Edit; This will be the last time I respond to you. However, I retain the right to react to your posts as they warrant.

2 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Here's a thought. Maybe, just maybe, it took me a while to get to that thread? So when I finally got around to reading it, then I could "React" to your post.

I did not quote you. I have never quoted you. Just like I said. I made the mistake of quoting you in this thread. That is one mistake I can rectify. 

If you have a problem with the reactions you get from your posts. Maybe you could, oh I don't know, quit posting nonsensical drivel. Or quit attacking folks. Or better yet. Start being part of the solution, not a part of the problem. In other words. If you don't like negative feedback. Don't bring in upon yourself. 

Edit; This will be the last time I respond to you. However, I retain the right to react to your posts as they warrant.

And the only one you reacted to was me. No one else. But I’m sure that’s a coincidence....right? 

We will see about “nonsensical”.....And please keep putting those childish reactions so you don’t have to actually show your lack of knowledge. 

9 hours ago, BrianS said:

The play design "looks" very much like a Shula play. 

Design or no design, the current Giants offense SCREAMS "West Coast".

And, if memory serves, through all of Shula's stops as an NFL OC and as a college HC, he's never run a West Coast offense.

Archived