• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey #4 in the NFL in yards after contact

Saca312

its a mix or Norv and McCaffrey bulking up. Shula play design never fit McCaffrey skillset. Norv who has worked with LT knows how to utilize a smaller back and make him dynamic. Norv has also made players like Antonio Gates. So Ian Thomas will be a solid player in the near future. But McCaffrey will thrive under the system Norv has set up for him. As long as the Oline keeps producing the holes. Shula wouldnt be able to do nothing with the Oline we have now but Norv has developed a system where our Oline looks solid. Cam gets the ball out quicker, oline pulls and creates enough gap for McCaffrey to run through. All cam has to do is complete 65 to 70% of his passes and we score 30 ppg.

8 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

never doubted him

I still remember Steve Young’s post game interview with cmc after the Monday nite win over Miami. Young said he would like to see cmc used to carry the ball much more than the 5 carries he got vs the dolphins. To which cmc replies “me too Tell that to Mike Shula”

6 hours ago, electro's horse said:

how much of that was just the bengals pulling people out of the stands to play linebacker

I am shocked to even see you show your face is a Cmac thread after the amount of insane hate you gave this kid last season.  At what point will you admit that you were wrong?

6 hours ago, t96 said:

Early in the year he was but he second half of the year he looked much much better and averaged nearly 5ypc on the ground despite getting not very many carries and no ability to build some rhythm. And it's not just 1 game this year, he looked great running it weeks 1 and 2. He doesn't need 28 carries to look good running the ball up the middle. Through 3 game this year he has easily looked like a top 5 between the tackles runner, with unmatched vision and patience and clearly top 5 tackle breaking ability. Then add in his receiving....

Unmatched is a bit much lol.

Just now, saints4lifeagain said:

Unmatched is a bit much lol.

"Matched only by a guy who is sitting on his couch right now" works too. That's one of McC's strengths. Other guys like Kamara are more elusive and agile and despite the stats brought up in this thread several shed tackles better but McC really does have unbelievable patience and vision like LeVeon Bell and no one else in the league has that same type of style of running as these two.

21 minutes ago, t96 said:

"Matched only by a guy who is sitting on his couch right now" works too. That's one of McC's strengths. Other guys like Kamara are more elusive and agile and despite the stats brought up in this thread several shed tackles better but McC really does have unbelievable patience and vision like LeVeon Bell and no one else in the league has that same type of style of running as these two.

I mean, Bell is consistently measured near the top of the league, or at the top, in time spent behind the LOS. CMC is near the middle of the pack. I've never understood that comparison much.

5 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I mean, Bell is consistently measured near the top of the league, or at the top, in time spent behind the LOS. CMC is near the middle of the pack. I've never understood that comparison much.

McC last year didn’t have it but so far this year he absolutely has now that the game has slowed down for him, just like it did with Bell after his rookie year. Don’t care about the stats, watch the players.

8 hours ago, t96 said:

McC last year didn’t have it but so far this year he absolutely has now that the game has slowed down for him, just like it did with Bell after his rookie year. Don’t care about the stats, watch the players.

He actually spent more time behind the LOS last year than he is this year. 

What does that even mean? Lol. So you don't care that the actual number don't back it up, it's the comparison you're sticking with?

Archived