• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Fire Rivera Group

DaveThePanther2008

27 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Who you got?  If you got no one in mind say so.   Proves my point when you don't. 

You want to replace Rivera but don't have a ***** inkling who you would replace him with.  Just fire him and go from there.  Regardless of whether we improve or not.  Just fire Rivera.  

You didnt prove nothin. Rivera hasnt been fired yet, second i have names in mind i  like but....stay with me now...... IM NOT DOING THE HIRING OR INTERVIEWING. So you trying to dead this topic simply cuz no one will give you a detailed analysis of replacements doesnt prove anything. If the panthers dont have a more than productive season, Rivera is getting fired. 

Just now, billionairemonk said:

.58 win % technically yes

i actually edited it to say above average instead of excellent because i felt it was more realistic.

LOL... I hear ya. Definitely not excellent. But he’s been above average so far. 

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

You didnt prove nothin. Rivera hasnt been fired yet, second i have names in mind i  like but....stay with me now...... IM NOT DOING THE HIRING OR INTERVIEWING. So you trying to dead this topic simply cuz no one will give you a detailed analysis of replacements doesnt prove anything. If the panthers dont have a productive season, Rivera is getting fired. 

Out with it.  You wouldn't be in the interview anyhow.   Who you got?  Stop deflecting and tell me who YOUR replacement would be. 

Scared you will be laughed out of the joint?  I would at least value your opinion.  Instead you offer a billion reasons to fire him but not one viable idea who you would replace him with.

5 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

.58 win % technically yes

i actually edited it to say above average instead of excellent because i felt it was more realistic.

to add to this, he did get a franchise QB from day 1 and the GOAT MLB shortly thereafter.  with those factors considered, i would say he's been average at best even though the win % technically says otherwise.

He also took over a 2-14 team with a ton of overpaid vet contracts. Lots of context to it. There was a reason he had a #1 overall pick. 

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

And in the process waste the career of many a good football player.   You don't throw Shyt at the wall and hope it sticks.  You make decisions that are long term not what if.  If you are going to bring someone in, he better know his stuff. 

You want to replace him? Fine.  Who is your choice?  

There’s a good argument to support that Rivera is currently wasting the careers of some of the most talented players this team has ever had. 

9 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

You didnt prove nothin. Rivera hasnt been fired yet, second i have names in mind i  like but....stay with me now...... IM NOT DOING THE HIRING OR INTERVIEWING. So you trying to dead this topic simply cuz no one will give you a detailed analysis of replacements doesnt prove anything. If the panthers dont have a more than productive season, Rivera is getting fired. 

BC3468B5-72CB-4256-9EBA-C3DB3043E647.gif

1 minute ago, Billy Love said:

There’s a good argument to support that Rivera is currently wasting the careers of some of the most talented players this team has ever had. 

Then make it. And tell us who wouldn’t be wasting their careers. 

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

He also took over a 2-14 team with a ton of overpaid vet contracts. Lots of context to it. There was a reason he had a #1 overall pick. 

good point.  i agree, lots of variables to this.  for the record, i don't think firing ron is the answer- knee jerk reactions usually backfire.  he just frustrates me with his approach, but that's on me for letting it bother me, haha.  it's been a lot more fun to be a panthers fan since he became head coach.

Just now, billionairemonk said:

good point.  i agree, lots of variables to this.  for the record, i don't think firing ron is the answer- knee jerk reactions usually backfire.  he just frustrates me with his approach, but that's on me for letting it bother me, haha.  it's been a lot more fun to be a panthers fan since he became head coach.

Im the same way. He makes mistakes. Like any coaches. And I’m surely not going to say we couldn’t do better. But odds are against it. Which is what the knee-jerk, week to week, white flag waving folks don’t understand. 

dangit dave the panther, you really think we are playing up to our talent.   i think i remember you from tbr from a long time ago, so i think you were here for fox.   this guy is fox 2.0.   fox took us to a sb too.   i just personally feel like rivera is played out.    he's not smart enough to adapt, he don't want no numbers or fancy percentages floating around in his head.   he knows 1 way and 1 way only.  its not gonna work.  i really just don't have hope that we can win a sb with him.    shoot, i still have bad feelings about the kasay kick. and nobody even cares rivera told the offense to stop practicing new plays and new looks for the superbowl because what we did worked.     we're not going to the top of the mtn with this chucklehead so what's the dang point?

Archived