• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

losing out will be the best thing for us

juliosantos

3 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

wanting to lose out at 6-4 is the most pathetic thing I've ever read here

we deserve better fans

We deserve better to cheer for, been cheering for almost 25 years and never back to back winning seasons. Tired of reading being mediocre is ok. If you don't like what's said go somewhere else. It's the TRUTH!

Just now, steven8989 said:

We deserve better to cheer for, been cheering for almost 25 years and never back to back winning said. Tired of reading being mediocre is ok. If you don't like what's said go somewhere else. It's the TRUTH!

I'm pretty sure this guy has me on ignore because he has so many clown opinions and uses exclamation points more than a normal adult male should

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

I'm pretty sure this guy has me on ignore because he has so many clown opinions and uses exclamation points more than a normal adult male should

No I just get tired of seeing the UNC at the front of ur name. I wish you had more to contribute to this site instead of responding to all my comments. I know more about football than you any day boy.

4 hours ago, steven8989 said:

We deserve better to cheer for, been cheering for almost 25 years and never back to back winning seasons. Tired of reading being mediocre is ok. If you don't like what's said go somewhere else. It's the TRUTH!

Not sure you deserve better. No one is forcing you to stick around as a fan. Jump on some other wagon that doesn't disappoint.

And no one is saying mediocre is ok. If you don't like what's being said, you go somewhere else.

So many teams that have won the Super Bowl have pointed out that the success ,winning streak or pain from a playoff lost was the beginning and catalyst to the next seasons Super Bowl victory

A team that gives up on a season for draft position would probably never win a Super Bowl anyway

1 hour ago, juliosantos said:

we do we need fans that are going to speak the truth like ny and philly fans over here we celebrate being mediocre and make it seem ok

Finally someone says something smart. I'm tired of fans just being alright for 25 years and never had back to back winning years. See I've been reading hey let's be happy as long as we get back to back winning seasons first. Hell no I want to win back to back Super Bowls. 

1 hour ago, juliosantos said:

we do we need fans that are going to speak the truth like ny and philly fans over here we celebrate being mediocre and make it seem ok

You don't think it's valuable to get DJ Moore, Samuel, Moton,  and Jackson playoff experience?  We don't need to blow everything up...we're not that far away. Truth is...if Gano makes his kicks you're not even starting this thread.

That said, certainly we have things we need to address in the off season. Those things can be fixed in my opinion with a decent draft and a few thoughtful signings. I don't think it requires a total rebuild.  

Here's my list of things that I think we can do in one off season that can fix things.   

1) Resigning Daryl Williams back will go a long way.  It was awful to see him go down...but long term it may be a blessing in disguise.  The type of experience and development that Moton has received has allowed us to grow another starting tackle.  In addition we may be able to resign Williams cheaper then previously expected.  Larsen is in prime position to take over for R.Kalil relatively seemlessly. 

2) Draft pass rushers.  Personally I think we need to double down on DL in the first two rounds.  I'd like to see us go after an edge rusher in the first round followed up by DT then another LB.  Preferably in that order but....if a DT or LB is by far the best on our board left in the 1st round...that's what you go after.

3) Fire Eric Washington and Brady Hoke.  Panthers have always been better when they have a DC that knows how to blitz effectively even if they don't blitz often.  Washington always appears one step behind.  Brady Hoke was given a lot of talent on paper when he accepted the Carolina job.  He's been able to get nothing from KK and Poe.  We know those two are talented because we've seen it before. He's failed to get the talent out of proven guys.

There are a few other loose ends I could throw in but I've gotta head to work.  Either way....I just don't think we're that far away.

Archived