• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want to coach the Carolina Panthers in 2019?

Carl Spackler

Who do you want to coach the Carolina Panthers in 2019?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s the right person for the job?

• Ron Rivera (LOL)
    • Sean McDermott
    • Bruce Arians
    • Bill Cowher (always brought up)
    • Mike Leach
    • Condoleezza Rice
    • Other (name your coach in the thread)

12 minutes ago, nickzz said:

when people say they want a Sean McVay type they don't mean a 32 year old offensive genius that could coach us for the next 3 decades. they mean they want to take a CHANCE on a young innovative offensive mind. some fresh blood.

No doubt. I want the same. Slim picking tho, that's all I meant.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Definitely the next I had in mind. Look around the league at the dominant teams. Aggressive offensive minded coaches. Lincoln Riley with a seasoned NFL DC would be my first choice.

The one reservation I have is that he's only 35 with no NFL experience. That's a bit worrisome in terms of commanding the respect of an NFL locker room. Sean McVay is younger, but virtually all of his coaching experience has come at the NFL level. Managing grown ass men NFL players wasn't new to him.

yea 100% of McVays coaching experience is from the NFL. he started as an assistant WR coach for the bucs in 2002 when he was 22.

unfortunately Riley has said he's not interested at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Great call but not sure if he’d take the job. If Hurney is doing the hire, look for a “hard-nosed, defensive-minded” (read: dumbass pussy) coach

i can't see a scenario where Rivera is fired and Hurney stays.

4 minutes ago, emhoward said:

No doubt. I want the same. Slim picking tho, that's all I meant.

agreed. i only responded because a lot of people here seem to get upset when people mention a McVay-type hire. they always come up with something like "WHAT DO YOU THINK ELITE PLAY CALLERS GROW ON TREES?"

i just want a shot at one.

4 minutes ago, nickzz said:

yea 100% of McVays coaching experience is from the NFL. he started as an assistant WR coach for the bucs in 2002 when he was 22.

unfortunately Riley has said he's not interested at the moment.

Of course that's what he's saying at the moment. It's what he should be saying. His team is likely headed to the CFB playoffs. The last thing they need right now is the distraction of their coach talking about being interested in NFL jobs.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Of course that's what he's saying at the moment. It's what he should be saying. His team is likely headed to the CFB playoffs. The last thing they need right now is the distraction lf their coach talking about being interested in NFL jons.

that is true but he is in a GREAT situation right now so i think there is some truth to what he said.

Archived