• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Team Spokesman Says There Will Be No Comment From David Tepper Regarding Ron's Job Security

bobsfoodbasics

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've heard a couple of people suggest that Hurney might be "promoted" (i.e. get him out of the GM chair). As long as he doesn't have any say in football decision making I could live with that, but I think it's just as likely he's shown the door. Why keep spending money just to save his ego?

Either way, Rivera's probably going to be promoted to free agent.

No. 

What's the minimum amount of people required to screw up a play on defense? On Offense? On Special Teams?

It's always going to be zero if the guys outside the lines are following incorrect live-game probabilities.

The ball does roll on it's own unpredictable manner/path. Prior to it's movements (the ball), people make decisions that affect the outcomes of this irregular prism.

2 hours ago, luke nukem said:

I have nothing against Louis Ridick but cmon man a straight jump from TV to GM for this team just isnt right at the moment. I wont even pretend to act like I know where to start in regards to a GM search but I think teppers going to set the bar higher than that. We have the richest owner in the NFL. go get the best GM money can spend dave!

Ridick used to work in the front office. He is well equipped fot that type of role. Spending the best money doesn't always = success.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've heard a couple of people suggest that Hurney might be "promoted" (i.e. get him out of the GM chair). As long as he doesn't have any say in football decision making I could live with that, but I think it's just as likely he's shown the door. Why keep spending money just to save his ego?

Either way, Rivera's probably going to be promoted to free agent.

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If that happens then it's like JR never left. That'd be the most JR move ever. 

Exactly.

Keeping Hurney around to avoid hurting his feelings is a Mom and Pop Organization move, something JR was famous for, an approach that has prevented this team from ever having two consecutive winning seasons during its entire existence.  

9 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Exactly.

Keeping Hurney around to avoid hurting his feelings is a Mom and Pop Organization move, something JR was famous for, an approach that has prevented this team from ever having two consecutive winning seasons during its entire existence.  

I def think Hurney has done a much better job than last time so far. But you gotta think Tepper is gonna clean house and bring his own people in. I just hope it’s the right people. 

14 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Give Scott Turner a tryout for the last 4 games, there is no way you are telling me Scott Turner can be worse at game management than Rivera

Actually not a bad idea.  If I were Tepper and had my GM's ear.   I would at least consider S. Turner for the OC position.  This offense is a good offense and can score some points.   Get Cam healthy and we might just land on our feet.

Archived