• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera has highest odds of all coaches to be fired (per Oddshark)

jamos14

14 minutes ago, raz said:

yo, if rivera is the god of calling d then why did he wait so long?  fire his ass now.

Yeah, D played great last night. 

If Ron had taken control several weeks ago the team might have stood a better chance of winning several, if not most, of their games.

Ron's tendency is to wait until a situation is totally out of control/unsalvageable  before attempting to correct it.

That is why he is "day late, dollar short" Ron and not "head them off at the pass" Ron or "just in the nick of time" Ron.

7 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

So I went to betonline.ag to see the actual prop.

kWfJWGp.png

Ron has the best odds of being the next head coach being fired. That's even better than I thought. Sounds like the decision has already been made.

These odds may have more to do with Ron being a holdover from the previous ownership, because these other coaches on this list are much more deserving of a pink slip.

If that is the case, Hurney needs to be planning his exit strategy as well.

51 minutes ago, trueblade said:

75% might be a bit generous based upon his play last night. He's closer to 50%, and I'm not sure in his current condition, he does give us the best shot at winning. Most of our production last night came via the run and the only touchdown we scored was on a trick play where someone else threw the ball. We should at least get a look at what Taylor has. 

Yes, he is no where near 75 percent.  After watching last night I would say closer to 15 percent.  

1 hour ago, Randolph Panther said:

So you are saying if you bet Lewis is getting fired and put down 100 you would get 900 in return? 

I might take that 

Correct, but the bet is “first” to be fired. In order to win, Lewis would have to be the first to get the axe. 

17 minutes ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

So I went to betonline.ag to see the actual prop.

kWfJWGp.png

Ron has the best odds of being the next head coach being fired. That's even better than I thought. Sounds like the decision has already been made.

Perhaps Ron should wear a shirt that says “+200 that I’m fired? Let’s ride.” 

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

When you have a quarterback that hasn't practiced in 6 weeks and can't throw the ball more than 30 yards down field, what can the head coach do? Did you see our defense hold Drew Brees to 12 points with Ron Rivera calling the plays? 

This team has always gone how Cam goes. Cam is hurt and his shoulder is failing him. That is the crux of this team, not Rivera. He does not deserve to be fired nor does he deserve to be extended. Continuity will be paramount for this offense with one full season under Turner. Give him one more year and if the results aren't there, you let the entire staff go.

But seeing Rivera calling the defense was the most excited I've been watching a game all year long. The defense finally played Carolina football again. Now if Cam's should was healthy, we would normally win that game 31-12, rather than lose 12-9. 

Exactly why he needs to go. Guy makes no changes until the point of no return. Anyone could look at that defense and tell that yes there might be holes but there wasnt a lack of talent and it was clearly a coaching thing. Why it took him till December to either realize that or stop being blindly loyal to his DC is the epitome of his career

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

And this goes to the heart of the issue. 

When the Panthers lose a starter (this is especially true with their QBs) there is seldom someone on the bench capable of stepping up to replace them without a dramatic drop in performance. 

How many times over the years has Brady been injured and unable to play?  

Yet the Patriots, a team that usually picks late in the draft, are able to routinely trot out some little know backup QB at a moment's notice that leads their team to multiple wins and keeps them on course towards the playoffs.

On the other hand, Panthers teams built by Hurney have a long history of being full of holes and lacking depth.  A few starters fall by the wayside and the season comes crashing down.  Lose your #1 QB, season over.  Lose your #1 receiver, season over.  Lose your #1 RB, season over. 

Patriots lose a key starter, some obscure player steps up and more often than not the team goes on to win without missing a beat.

I am not saying there is not some merit to that but my issue is that we keep trotting this guy out there and not even attempting to put Taylor in or sign some couch FA to fill in. 

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

But seeing Rivera calling the defense was the most excited I've been watching a game all year long. The defense finally played Carolina football again. Now if Cam's should was healthy, we would normally win that game 31-12, rather than lose 12-9. 

It has been a long time since Panthers D played as well as they did last night.  It was great to watch.

Ron really has turned the D around and that is what is so frustrating, knowing what might have been had Ron stepped in to correct the situation sooner.  There is no way he didn't recognize the problem early on, likely in the preseason.

How many wins should a HC sacrifice in an attempt to give his DC a chance to gain experience?

Here is a crazy thought.

Maybe, Ron should have just hired someone with experience as a DC instead.

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

When you have a quarterback that hasn't practiced in 6 weeks and can't throw the ball more than 30 yards down field, what can the head coach do? Did you see our defense hold Drew Brees to 12 points with Ron Rivera calling the plays? 

This team has always gone how Cam goes. Cam is hurt and his shoulder is failing him. That is the crux of this team, not Rivera. He does not deserve to be fired nor does he deserve to be extended. Continuity will be paramount for this offense with one full season under Turner. Give him one more year and if the results aren't there, you let the entire staff go.

Ron waits until 3-4 games left in the season to take over the defense

You give him praise while the rest of the year the defense sucked

How you give praise to that. What is our overall defensive ranking for the season?

8 minutes ago, beastson said:

Ron waits until 3-4 games left in the season to take over the defense

You give him praise while the rest of the year the defense sucked

How you give praise to that. What is our overall defensive ranking for the season?

The worst part is im not even sure if its loyalty to his coordinators or him putting unqualified guys in those positions so theres less of a threat of him getting fired due to there being no alternatives on the staff. If we had some hot young coordinator setting our offense or defense on fire that would be a huge threat to Ron getting fired and the coordinator getting promoted 

Archived