• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Silver: Ron Rivera Has Been Told He Will Return In 2019

bobsfoodbasics

21 minutes ago, Car123 said:

What is your source? Thought so.

You actually think a description from a job website has anything to do with an actual NFL job?

That's pretty funny :)

See, NFL job titles and descriptions are extremely flexible. It's what allows them to give guys title changes and raises even though they're actually doing the same duties they were doing before.

If you compare staff listings for different NFL teams, you find a lot of things don't match up. There is no standard rule they have to follow. Each team sets their own titles and job descriptions. Heck, that's even true among coaching staff.

Basically, what you read on some generic job website doesn't have anything to do with actual reality.

As to my "source", a long time ago when they were talking about Beane becoming the assistant GM, they wrote up bios talking about what he had done for the team before.  It's one of the reasons why a lot of us didn't like the idea because, just like with Hurney, he didn't have scouting experience. 

But that's the thing: Jerry Richardson used promotions as rewards for loyalty, not xompetence. You didn't need to have previous experience doing something for him to assign you a title. That's documented many times over, including by some people who used to work for the team.

So yeah, there is somebody in this thread who's actually attempting to spread "fake news", but it's not me.

Frankly, I'd like to think if I were doing that, I'd do a better job. You stink at this.

(a couple of articles from sources that didn't know what they were talking about and a generic job website, seriously?) :)

Well looks like my Sundays will be alot more open next year. I refuse to watch any game with this man as HC.

1. Bad coach

2. When team gets up he puts foot off gas and lets everybody come back.

3. Never play agressive thanks to #3 above.

4. Settles for field goals

5. Only takes chances when his seat is hot.

6. Never makes adjustments during halftime.

etc...etc....

refuse to watch any game. BOYCOTT!

Just now, bull123 said:

We don’t need to fire Coach Rivera...we need a healthy Cam, any kind of pass rush, better OL 

coach made a bad call on Washington as DC...but our players stunk it up bad this year and our QB was injured and couldn't throw it 10 yds

our vets were either hurt or bad...our players were the issue, not our coach

So your telling me the horrible time management in every game since he has been a head coach is not on him? 

Wasnt there one game where we used 2-3 time outs in the 3rd quarter due to fug ups dealing with clock management? 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You actually think a description from a job website has anything to do with an actual NFL job?

That's pretty funny :)

See, NFL job titles and descriptions are extremely flexible. It's what allows them tick give guys title changes and raises even though they're actually doing the same duties they were doing before.

What you read on some generic job website doesn't have anything to do with actual reality.

As to my "source", a long time ago when they were talking about Beane becoming the assistant GM, they wrote up bios talking about what he had done for the team before.  It's one of the reasons why a lot of us didn't like the idea because, just like with Hurney, he didn't have scouting experience. 

But that's the thing: Jerry Richardson used promotions as rewards for loyalty, not xompetence. You didn't need to have previous experience doing something for him to assign you a title. That's documented many times over, including by some people who used to work for the team.

So yeah, there is somebody in this thread who's actually attempting to spread "fake news", but it's not me.

Frankly, I'd like to think if I were doing that, I'd do a better job. You stink at this.

(a couple of articles from sources that didn't know what they were talking about and a generic job website, seriously?) :)

Since when is "they" a reliable source? You're making yourself even worse. I've provided multiple sources saying Hurney worked in the scouting department.

Another source:

"Although head coach George Seifert still had the final say in all personnel matters, virtually all of the planning and execution for the 2001 draft was done by director of football operations Marty Hurney and director of player personnel Jack Bushofsky. "

Why would they group an admin nobody with the draft?

Also, you wanted Beane to be our GM; which shows how much of a hypocrite you are. 

31 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Quinn has one of the most stacked offensive rosters of all time with a healthy QB and is putting up losing seasons.  He's been garbage since Shanny left.

Losing seasons? He's had one losing season, one where both starting guards went on IR, along with losing  several key starters on defense to injury.

Aside from that, he's been to the playoffs twice in 4 years, has a 3-2 record in the playoffs.

Archived