• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Cam Newton tank the 2018 season to get rid of Rivera?

Jangler

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

We couldn't of just simply lost because we didn't execute at crucial times?

No we can't. If there is nothing wrong with Cam's shoulder, as you insist. Then he tried a power move on the Coach and why should I trust him?

1 minute ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

General soreness.

Why does Cam have to be the reason for why we started losing? Why can't it be the fact that Funchess, two rookies, and no Olsen were being asked to threaten defenses down the field? or the fact that our defense couldn't get off the field thanks to a 29th ranked pass defense?

Our team the last 8 games would not have been any better with any other QB - QB was not the teams biggest problem for why we were losing.

or that Cam couldn't throw the ball 30 yards. nope it's everybody else.

2 hours ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

You fuging act like we have bonafide receivers that are savvy enough to consistently beat teams deep. And even if they consistently did beat teams deep, our offensive line wouldn't consistently hold up for deep routes, so what the fug is the point?

Our two best wide receivers were effectively rookies for fugs sake.

Kyle Allen didn't seem to have an issue throwing the ball deep, with two completions and two defensive pass interference calls in the Saints game, IIRC. 3 of the 4 long balls were to DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel. Ya know, those "effectively rookies".

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• At a certain point these late rounders just become like UDFAs. I personally don’t see much value in them. Looking at our draft history we haven’t had a good 5th-7th rounder in 10 years. We actually had a pretty good run of them with Hurney. Hardy, Norman, AJ Klein, Munnerlyn. But yeah the past 10 years we may as well have not even had the picks so I’d just as soon not trade back to add a worthless 5th rounder, and is also the reason I felt the trade up from 33 to 32 for the 5th yr option was so worth it because ultimately swapping a 5th for a 6th rounder seems absolutely meaningless.
    • There are multiple TE and multiple CB at the top of the board right now - definitely not the time to trade back when need matches value like this
    • This is the part of the draft where you have to take a good hard look at which players fit your scheme and culture.  Outside of the 4th round there isn't really a huge difference in who gets drafted vs quality undrafted free-agents. We are more than likely going to trade 101 if we can pick up another 5th or 6th. That would be a spot where we can draft for need/BPA.  If I were Dan Morgan, I'd be focusing on TE or Edge rusher.  If they really think Franklin is truly a late 2nd or 3rd round talent, that would be a solid move.  I really like Cade Stover, but not at 101.  If I were to identify him as a target I'd trade back a few spots.  Looking at the talent available for the 4th round I don't think he'll be picked until at least mid round. We also need to look at free agent value vs draft value here too.  If we are not in love with any of these Center prospects, how do they compare to current free agents: C Connor Williams Mason Cole Brian Allen Lucas Patrick Connor McGovern Scott Quessenberry Nick Gates Edge Emmanuel Ogbah Yannick Ngakoue Carl Lawson Jerry Hughes Charles Harris Dawuane Smoot Bud Dupree Tyus Bowser Marquis Haynes Rasheem Green Markus Golden Shaq Lawson LB: Deion Jones Zach Cunningham CB  Xavien Howard Adoree’ Jackson Stephon Gilmore Steven Nelson Patrick Peterson J.C. Jackson Ahkello Witherspoon Keion Crossen Tre Herndon Eli Apple Chandon Sullivan Fabian Moreau Jerry Jacobs WR (fits our needs) Hunter Renfrow Michael Gallup Scotty Miller I would look to bring Gilmore, Deion Jones, and Haynes back.  Looking at the center market, we could get experienced depth out of that group via free agency.  I wouldn't force a prospect unless we know he fits the scheme.  Additionally, if we are looking to start Corbet, does that mean we can't rule out a guard or tackle that we could convert to a center over the course of the season?  Most linemen are trained, at some level, to play all 5 positions. We have three picks over the next 100 selections.  If we don't value the BPA at 101 over everyone else from the list below, I would take just about any three or more of these 25 guys listed below.   Top Targets day 3: Franklin WR Tampa CB Booker Edge Javon Baker WR Carson CB Erick All TE Dolrus Edge Brenden Rice WR Cam Hart CB Jackson CB Stover TE MacLachlan TE Brenner Jackson Edge Wilely TE Cedric Johnson Edge Mohamed Kamara Edge Hunter Nourzad C AJ Barner TE Christian Mahogany G/C Gabriel Murphy Edge Jordan Jefferson DT/NT Javontae Jean-Batiste EDGE Tommy Eichenberg LB Eric Watts DE/DT Braiden McGregor EDGE