• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Veterans

Devil Doc

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

probably wright and torrey smith too, and addison is 30.

youth movement is great. lot of fat and name equity on that list - bring in one or two key locker room vet types to supplement can and luke's leadership and we're set.

I agree.. I just see so many people complain on this form about "Ron loves his Vets" well.. we just 3.. and Olsen might be gone soon too. 

Just now, Devil Doc said:

I agree.. I just see so many people complain on this form about "Ron loves his Vets" well.. we just 3.. and Olsen might be gone soon too. 

ron still loves his vets but if we know anything about ron it's that he only adapts when under excruciating pressure.

ron still loves his vets but if we know anything about ron it's that he only adapts when under excruciating pressure.

I honestly think Tepper is the reason for the change, Ron knows his days are numbered, Tepper is focused on winning. I wonder how mad he was when his old team, kicked his new teams ass. 

4 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I honestly think Tepper is the reason for the change, Ron knows his days are numbered, Tepper is focused on winning. I wonder how mad he was when his old team, kicked his new teams ass. 

by all accounts davis and olsen found their extensions by their ability to pressure jerry and unduly influence football operations. those days are long gone, thank god

After a player's rookie season he is considered a veteran. So CMC is a veteran as are the other players we have acquired over the past several years. Maybe folks should use another term for guys over 30 given that veterans apply to second year players and beyond if they started a season or two.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

After a player's rookie season he is considered a veteran. So CMC is a veteran as are the other players we have acquired over the past several years. Maybe folks should use another term for guys over 30 given that veterans apply to second year players and beyond if they started a season or two.

well yes that is technically true but in football vernacular no one looked at CMC last year and saw him as a veteran. generally speaking it's guys in their late twenties and early thirties that really hit vet status as we refer to it.

well yes that is technically true but in football vernacular no one looked at CMC last year and saw him as a veteran. generally speaking it's guys in their late twenties and early thirties that really hit vet status as we refer to it.

Given the average career is around 3-4 years I would think your definition is a little restrictive given few guys make it that long and it doesn't fit the way the NFL describes veterans or sets veteran pay scales. But I understand the casual definition that fans and talking heads use when referring to seasoned veterans which might be a more descriptive term.

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Is Ron still the coach? We will find new old guys to replace the roster holes of old guys leaving. I think Ron's head would explode if we had a youth movement.

ron has no problem with youth. we're a drafting team over a free agency team, after all, philosophically. it's actually starting them he seems to oppose.

honestly we are set up nicely for vets to be sprinkled at various levels of the roster. probably one on the offensive line, one at defensive end, one at nickel, one at safety. one or two peanut tillman types in there can complement the young guys nicely.

Archived