• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apex Legends

Arroz con Panther

12 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Haven’t played but looks like borderlands online from what I just checked out. 

It would look like Borderlands if you look at the trailer and the still graphics but graphically it's basically Titanfall, same engine, etc.    Runs smooth.      I think the more fair comparison is CoD blackout/Overwatch/Titanfall .     

Right now the biggest issue I have is ammo and weapon diversity.     When I say weapon diversity, I mean there is too many shotguns and pistols laying around.     I hardly see the regular AR or whatnot.     And it takes a lot of ammo to go through shields so they need to possibly start increasing the stacks you find.      

20 or so wins  160+ kills level 40 something   K's would be much higher  but some of my buddies are terrible and no help at all leading to a lot of  3 v 1's ugh. 

tbTeRRoR on origin (PC)  I play any class but I guess my mains would be  Bangalore, Caustic, Bloodhound in that order but I'm going to invest more time into pathfinder  in the future.  I never play lifeline cuz my main playing partner plays lifeline exclusively.

11 hours ago, Zaximus said:

I had like 10  2nd place finishes Sunday, drove me crazy.

My basic strategy for avoiding constant top 3 losses: get all loot needed BEFORE you get down to top 3, kill and move to the next fight, find high ground, use abilities as much as possible and know when to pull back from a fight and regain advantage. If you're on console, teams aren't expecting aggression a lot either in late game. They're expecting you to just bait them some place, so if your team can spread and attack quickly, teams FREAK out.

8 hours ago, lightsout said:

My basic strategy for avoiding constant top 3 losses: get all loot needed BEFORE you get down to top 3, kill and move to the next fight, find high ground, use abilities as much as possible and know when to pull back from a fight and regain advantage. If you're on console, teams aren't expecting aggression a lot either in late game. They're expecting you to just bait them some place, so if your team can spread and attack quickly, teams FREAK out.

Yeah the people I was with aren't super aggressive but I feel the same as you.    I've been playing on PS4 so maybe we should get together sometime.    I've been on PC so getting my sea legs back on console but it's coming back fast as I used to play all shooters on console.   

Yes aggression is the best tactic.  Mid to long range shoot outs generally are not going to get you anywhere if the other team is smart enough to drop back and heal.  One problem I have with rando's and even my friends some times is we're split on our pushes. I'll be way up in the enemies grills. I'll knock one and shoot the crap out of the other and get knocked by the third and I'm like shoot'em they are healing and reviving only to realize my teammates are sitting back  150 meters pot shoting.......man that burns me up.  When a teammate goes in you gotta be all in with them.  1. for cover and support 2. so they cannot heal/ revive.   But also if you know you are way out in front dont engage till your buddies catch up.

12 minutes ago, TbTeRRoR said:

Yes aggression is the best tactic.  Mid to long range shoot outs generally are not going to get you anywhere if the other team is smart enough to drop back and heal.  One problem I have with rando's and even my friends some times is we're split on our pushes. I'll be way up in the enemies grills. I'll knock one and shoot the crap out of the other and get knocked by the third and I'm like shoot'em they are healing and reviving only to realize my teammates are sitting back  150 meters pot shoting.......man that burns me up.  When a teammate goes in you gotta be all in with them.  1. for cover and support 2. so they cannot heal/ revive.   But also if you know you are way out in front dont engage till your buddies catch up.

Yup this is so true.    I think some people are used to playing like that on other BR's but on this it doesn't work well, I think long range is just a waste unless you're a super shot and can knock people but even then you need people pushing to take advantage.   I haven't been a super BR player but I have played FPS's and usually play aggressive so that's how I'm playing on this.

Archived