• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Mills III tasked with game management duties

MurkN

2 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

True because it's a team effort and not a QB effort. Problem is any team that wins a big game the QB gets all the credit which is ridiculous.

My point to the above poster when he threw out if Ron is a bad coach for 3/8, then Cam is a bad QB for 3/8.

Which is nonsense. 

32 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I don't talk about QB rankings with people who value rings over ability.  Eli Manning has 2 rings.  Brett has 1.  Rodgers has 1.  Rivers, Marino, etc...etc...etc...have zero.  Doesn't make Eli one bit better in my eyes.

QB's have plenty of way to be judged, head coaches have 1.  Wins.

Judging by wins, which is the best way to judge a head coach, Ron isn't very good.  You claim otherwise, and start tossing in the QB for some ungodly reason.

Ron Rivera has had a great QB for his entire 8 years and has close to the same winning % as John Fox, who had 3 years out of 13 with a great QB.  IMO, neither are good coaches.

Don't agree that wins alone are all that counts. For example when Rivers took a team that was 2-14 and then went 6-10 with Cam in 2011, that was good improvement although the team still had a losing record. Sure the saying goes you are only as good as your record but looking at any number without context is bound to provide only a small part of the puzzle. And no Cam hasn't been great all 8 years. He surely wasn't this year with injuries and not in 2016 as well for the same reason.  And while he was great for a rookie in 2011 he wasn't  great compared to many  veteran quarterbacks. You could argue the losing record this year was largely due to Cam although again it wasn't intentional or something he could have avoided. And lets remember outside of Carolina, Cam is considered an average QB by many knowledgeable folks. So while he is revered here, that isn't universally shared and you could argue that his 3 best years were also our 3 winning seasons.

17 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Don't agree that wins alone are all that counts. For example when Rivers took a team that was 2-14 and then went 6-10 with Cam in 2011, that was good improvement although the team still had a losing record. Sure the saying goes you are only as good as your record but looking at any number without context is bound to provide only a small part of the puzzle. And no Cam hasn't been great all 8 years. He surely wasn't this year with injuries and not in 2016 as well for the same reason.  And while he was great for a rookie in 2011 he wasn't  great compared to many  veteran quarterbacks. You could argue the losing record this year was largely due to Cam although again it wasn't intentional or something he could have avoided. And lets remember outside of Carolina, Cam is considered an average QB by many knowledgeable folks. So while he is revered here, that isn't universally shared and you could argue that his 3 best years were also our 3 winning seasons.

You are talking about Cam, not me.

Cam is a good/great QB, and most coaches would have figured out how to have more than 3 winning seasons out of 8 with him as your QB, and Luke Kuechly on the defensive side of the ball.

You want to think that Ron is great/good/average/below average/awful....whatever, his record says he's about average....I say that's been lifted a bit by two very good players one on each side of the ball. 

His winning vs. losing seasons, say he's a below average coach...that's about where I would place him.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

You are talking about Cam, not me.

Cam is a good/great QB, and most coaches would have figured out how to have more than 3 winning seasons out of 8 with him as your QB, and Luke Kuechly on the defensive side of the ball.

You want to think that Ron is great/good/average/below average/awful....whatever, his record says he's about average....I say that's been lifted a bit by two very good players one on each side of the ball. 

His winning vs. losing seasons, say he's a below average coach...that's about where I would place him.

Given your agenda I can see where you think that. Doesn't mean your view is objective or universal. Coaches, quarterbacks, GM etc are often most negatively viewed by their own fans. Most folks outside of Carolina actually have a higher opinion of Rivera than folks here.  And if we were playing doubles in tennis than 2 great players is all you need. But with 22 starters not counting special teams, 2 great players isn't enough to boost any team. Especially when injuries has limited both at times.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Given your agenda I can see where you think that. Doesn't mean your view is objective or universal. Coaches, quarterbacks, GM etc are often most negatively viewed by their own fans. Most folks outside of Carolina actually have a higher opinion of Rivera than folks here.  And if we were playing doubles in tennis than 2 great players is all you need. But with 22 starters not counting special teams, 2 great players isn't enough to boost any team. Especially when injuries has limited both at times.

His fuging record literally points to average.

His winning season vs. losing seasons literally points to below average.

He has one of the best defensive players of our generation on one side of the ball and one of the best QB's of the last 15 years on the other.

That isn't agenda, that's looking facts directly in the face.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

His fuging record literally points to average.

His winning season vs. losing seasons literally points to below average.

He has one of the best defensive players of our generation on one side of the ball and one of the best QB's of the last 15 years on the other.

That isn't agenda, that's looking facts directly in the face.

Once again Cam by many folks opinion is average. You think he is awesome. That is opinion not fact. As for records, you have complained ad nauseum that Cam hasn't had the talent around  him to be a consistent winner. Rivera has had the same talent. It cuts both ways. Can't make excuses constantly for Cam and none for anyone else. A big part of McVay's success for example has been the talent he has to work with. Something Rivera hasn't had. 

On 2/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, steven8989 said:

I'm starting to wonder if we have an owner that doesn't know anything about football. He has done great stuff to get fans excited but to keep this coaching staff after all that's went on and Ron comes out and says he is struggling is freaking ridiculous. People saying huddle is going to huddle must have no understanding of what we have pretty much went through for 25 years. Mediocre at best except for two super bowl trips and no back to back winning seasons ever. SMDH

Rest easy fella....

....Tepper knows what he is doing.

2 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

I have a feeling this is going to become an Office Space type situation, where they unload all of Riveras duties but never actually fire him, and on gamedays he just wonders around the equipment room mumbling to himself that he can't find his stapler.

Might be best for all parties evolved. 

36 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You mean when Cam wastes time getting back to the huddle so he runs out of time while Olsen corrects the huddle call or what?

Not good to take up for Rivera on here dude, his time is over here. We are just wasting another year of Luke, Cam, CMC with him as the coach. He is garbage and there is no way of taking up for him. We would have never made SB without Cam, look at all those wrs we had that year. 

Anyone who wants to pin our record entirely on Rivera or entirely on Cam has hater goggles, and are part of the reason why it’s so hard to have objective, rational discussion in here. Even the most casual fan should know that a team’s success, or lack thereof, is contingent upon two elements: 1) Coaching, and 2) Execution. Those are pretty basic fundamentals.

Archived