• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF top 50

AU-panther

PFF recently released their top 50 prospects for this years draft.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pffs-top-50-big-board-for-the-2019-nfl-draft

I find it interesting that several players we have shown interest in seem to be highly thought of by them.  Maybe that is a good sign for us.

Murphy #6

Dillard #13

Burns #14

Savage #28

They seem to factor college production into their projections a little more than traditional media list you see.  An example would be Gary, who they have at 48.

Might have to renew my pff sub just for the draft insight. Wish Mayock was still doing his for the masses..

It's almost feels like Hurney was using a copy of Mayocks top 100 from last year... extremely strange how all our guys were picked at almost the exact number they were rated at on that list.....even Gaulden iirc. 

Top 10 would be relatively easy...top 100 though...weird coincidence.

It seems Hurney 2.0 has fully embraced analytics to help him and his scouting department. Guys we've been scouting are definitely individuals who check the production + athleticism combo. I was wondering why we haven't been as high with Clelin Ferrell when he's so nearby. Probably may have to do with Clelin's hesitancy to do athletic testing and film wise he just doesn't seem to be an athlete. 

9 hours ago, AU-panther said:

PFF recently released their top 50 prospects for this years draft.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pffs-top-50-big-board-for-the-2019-nfl-draft

I find it interesting that several players we have shown interest in seem to be highly thought of by them.  Maybe that is a good sign for us.

Murphy #6

Dillard #13

Burns #14

Savage #28

They seem to factor college production into their projections a little more than traditional media list you see.  An example would be Gary, who they have at 48.

PFF nailed the Baker Mayfield projection of #1 player in the draft last year. 

14 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

PFF nailed the Baker Mayfield projection of #1 player in the draft last year. 

I'm glad someone pointed this out.  I don't always care for PFF but they nailed Baker last year. 

16 minutes ago, PantherNation123 said:

I know Baker looks like he'll be good, but jury is still out.  I'm skeptical TBH

Oh yeah for sure, I think you need 4 years to eval a rookie. I'm just saying most analysts had him as the 4th best and I think he played above that for his first year.    

Looking back at their big board for 2018 they also had Derwin James at 5 which aged well. Of course, some others did not.  

Archived