• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Mock Draft

Catufb85

Love it or hate it. Idc lol. 

I think the most reliable position to draft this year is edge rusher and I think teams will take majority of the guys we are interested in... But this helps out on all position needs and locks up our corners

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16: Williams, Greedy, CB, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 15: Ferguson, Jaylon, DE, Louisiana Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 13: Howard, Tytus, OT, Alabama State (A)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Johnson Jr, Lonnie, CB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13: Samia, Dru, OG, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 16: Hurd, Jalen, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Tranquill, Drue, OLB, Notre Dame (A-)

No safety drafted but don't count out Lonnie moving to Safety one of his "flaws" is top end speed.  Could be a smooth transition to playing outfield. 

So I have a serious question. If we spend such high draft capital on Greedy, where will we play Donte? I don't see Bradberry being benched with his experience. 

Also, don't we already have a CB we're trying to convert to saftey on the roster? You want another project instead of directly addressing FS?

4 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

So I have a serious question. If we spend such high draft capital on Greedy, where will we play Donte? I don't see Bradberry being benched with his experience. 

Also, don't we already have a CB we're trying to convert to saftey on the roster? You want another project instead of directly addressing FS?

He's likely factoring in Hurney's obessesion for hoarding those types of DB projects. 

10 minutes ago, Catufb85 said:

Love it or hate it. Idc lol. 

I think the most reliable position to draft this year is edge rusher and I think teams will take majority of the guys we are interested in... But this helps out on all position needs and locks up our corners

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16: Williams, Greedy, CB, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 15: Ferguson, Jaylon, DE, Louisiana Tech (A-)
Round 3 Pick 13: Howard, Tytus, OT, Alabama State (A)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Johnson Jr, Lonnie, CB, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13: Samia, Dru, OG, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 16: Hurd, Jalen, WR, Baylor (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Tranquill, Drue, OLB, Notre Dame (A-)

No safety drafted but don't count out Lonnie moving to Safety one of his "flaws" is top end speed.  Could be a smooth transition to playing outfield. 

If we went that way I would be more inclined to draft Chase Winovich and then DAndre Walker with the 2nd 2 picks. I like Greedy, Jay Ferguson and Tytus but feel that Chase and DAndre are more of the OLB sometimes DE mold--clay matthews types. If Jaylon lasts to the 2nd and is the pick, I wont cry.

The last 4 picks I havent watched any film or read about.

And if Greedy is the pick, believe he will be an upgrade and replacement to Bradbury which should be in his contract year right?

41 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

the draft platform doesn't work like that...Al Gorithm is a very cold football analyst

1 hour ago, Pantha-kun said:

Jackson at nickel has been discussed on the board. I personally don't see Cb as a first round need.

Correct, 

James is in the final year of his contract. Lonnie could transition to safety or hybrid as hes got the size but analyst said didn't impress with over the top speed.

I went this way because of the lack of 1st round DE available in this mock.  Obviously key word mock and most likely wouldn't happen.  All of the round 4 safeties were gone by the time I selected Lonnie.  Hurney does like transition players who are multi-functional. 

last 4 picks was just BPA but still had needs in mind:

Lonnie: 6'2 213 corner from UK ran 4.52 40, 15 reps on bench, 38" vert. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/lonnie-johnson?id=32194a4f-4800-0020-6142-473a18150e9b

Dur Samia OG Oklahoma whom we've met with: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dru-samia?DB_OEM_ID=31000&id=32195341-4d03-1944-4710-58ebf1a89b9c

Jalen Hurd WR from Baylor: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jalen-hurd?id=32194855-5208-0933-a42b-f137c6bf565f

Jalen Hurd, Wide Receiver/Running Back - Transfer from Tennessee who played just one season at Baylor. Big 12 newcomer of the year, named to midseason 2018 Biletnikoff Award list. 10th nationally with 48 receptions over 10 yards. Fourth in Big 12 in receptions per game (5.8) and 6th in total receptions (69).

Dru Tranquill : https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drue-tranquill?id=32195452-4128-9059-cb73-4eadedc51904

Most likely depth for losing Mayo and possible special teams. 

If and that's a big if 

If greedy is the best player on the board take him

Don't reach for positional need

That's how good player get passed on

Of course you cant just stack at one position  but you can always use a good corner

Archived