• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bench: I’m going to keep Will Grier safe

therealmjl

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

I’m not dumping on Grier. I’m dumping on Hurney for using a 3rd rounder on a backup.

As big of a Hurney critic as I am, I know the process. Hurney doesn't pick which position to draft alone. Rivera, the Turners and others all have input into where the team needs are.

They determined backup quarterback was a need, and determined Grier was their best choice to fill it. 

Were they right? We'll see.

9 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Grier fanboys are officially triggered.

it was a joke folks relax. He’ll never see the field if all goes as planned.

thanks for another excellent 3rd rounder Hurney!

Actually, you sound like the one who's "triggered".

Regardless of how often or how little they play, why would having a good backup at any position be a bad thing?

50 minutes ago, t96 said:

Once Cam wins a SB here and Grier takes over as the Aaron Rodgers to Cam’s Favre the Grier hottakes will look similar to the Cam hottakes when we drafted him.

You went there? Favre and Rodgers?

why not Steve to Joe then? 

Grier has a 90 %chance to be nothing more than a Colt McCoy or less in the NFL,  or a Charlie Fry— nowhere near even a Flutie,.. let alone a Russell Wilson or a Drew Brees,...

Just now, JARROD said:

Grier has a 90 %chance to be nothing more than a Colt McCoy or less in the NFL,  or a Charlie Fry— nowhere near even a Flutie,.. let alone a Russell Wilson or a Drew Brees,...

Yeah but he sure as hell owns Tennessee

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Cam wasn’t bad last year until he was hurt, his success depends on his health 

And his health is a major concern right now.

Greg Olsen's health is in question too. I don't see anyone ripping Ian Thomas and hoping he fails.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Greg Olsen's health is in question too. I don't see anyone ripping Ian Thomas and hoping he fails.

Cam’s the most popular player we’ve ever had (and the best IMO). But a lot of fans on here are Cam fans before they’re panther fans, so when a young QB comes in who’s also popular, and he’s not a noname UDFA, they display their feelings of concern that he might be a better option one day. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. 

8 minutes ago, JARROD said:

This is where you have no clue what you are talking about. We need to see what he can do before he is thrown under the bus.

Just now, rbsponsel52 said:

This is where you have no clue what you are talking about. We need to see what he can do before he is thrown under the bus.

Rest assured that unless he throws for 200 yards in the second half of preseason Week 1, many of the people who cried about Cam’s unfair expectations will gladly return the favor (as if that makes them better somehow).

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You have a valid point, although I will point out that most of us realize Greg Olsen is close to retirement.  If Cam was 36/37 years old, we would probably see a lot less whining about the pick.  And in fact, I think in that scenario, most would complain about not using an earlier pick to get a qb.

One thing that pisses me off about this is that it shouldn’t be Cam vs. Grier. I said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s like in 2015 when the Hornets signed Lin to back up Kemba. There were Lin fans who said you can’t like Kemba and there were Kemba fans who said you can’t like Lin.

They’re my two favorite PGs. These guys are my two favorite QBs.  

Archived