• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why does Tre Boston have so many fan boys?

jamos14

I really want somebody to explain this to me.  He's always been a below average safety.  Bad tackler, poor effort, and bad decisions.  That's not good traits for a safety playing beside Eric Reid.  He's 26, the prime of his career but nobody will offer him a deal including the three teams he has already played for (who only wanted him for 1 year and then said "nope") 

People hated him when he was here.  Do people want him because he was a former unc player?  Is it because he played for the Panthers before?

I completely believe we need to sign a FA safety but I hope it's not Boston.  

I like him because he is young and he has seemed to progress a little more than he did when he was here the first time. He is a FS who has range, which I really like. I feel like we need someone like him next to Reid. The improvement of the defensive line should help him as well, especially with Ron calling the defense now. I just like him better than the rest of the free agents. He would be cheap also. 

I liked him while he was here, never thought we should've met him walk so we could continue to develop him, and I thought he caught a lot of blowback from the failings of guys like Worley.

Then, after we let him walk, he had an almost pro bowl-worthy year with SD.  And then there's this about last season:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-tre-boston

"On his third team in the past three seasons after signing a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Arizona Cardinals, Tre Boston put together another productive season. Boston was the 24th highest-graded safety and his 74.1 overall grade was the second highest-graded season of his young, five-year career. He allowed 18 receptions on 30 targets for 189 yards and two touchdowns while breaking up seven passes and intercepting another three."

So, yeah, I would rather have that than an unknown in Gaulden, who I personally don't think will amount to much.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I liked him while he was here, never thought we should've met him walk so we could continue to develop him, and I thought he caught a lot of blowback from the failings of guys like Worley.

Then, after we let him walk, he had an almost pro bowl-worthy year with SD.  And then there's this about last season:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-tre-boston

"On his third team in the past three seasons after signing a one-year, $1.5 million contract with the Arizona Cardinals, Tre Boston put together another productive season. Boston was the 24th highest-graded safety and his 74.1 overall grade was the second highest-graded season of his young, five-year career. He allowed 18 receptions on 30 targets for 189 yards and two touchdowns while breaking up seven passes and intercepting another three."

So, yeah, I would rather have that than an unknown in Gaulden, who I personally don't think will amount to much.

If he was so good in Arizona, why didn't they offer him a new deal?

I'd rather have Boston than Gaulden too.  But neither are good options.  

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

If he was so good in Arizona, why didn't they offer him a new deal?

I'd rather have Boston than Gaulden too.  But neither are good options.  

Why did Arizona fire a coach after one season or Trade up for a Qb then trade him for lower value a year later?? Using Arizona as a base of intelligent decision making.. Maybe your 1st problem..

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

Here is a bunch of NFL fans on reddit talking about how shitty he is.

Including Cardinals fans and Chargers fans.  

So again your opinion is based on ppl like you??

giphy.gif.2b5840d4b675ab909d8b635ad58081d9.gif

Lol

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

But we are using PFF as our reasoning for him being good?  Or number of tackles?  

I don't like PFf either ..

But are you really Comparing Reddit to PFf as far as football knowledge??

Really???

Archived