• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why does Tre Boston have so many fan boys?

jamos14

17 hours ago, jamos14 said:

He has?  I guess Arizona and LA disagree.

Yet his numbers do not.  

Josh Norman had a productive season and we let him go.

Steve Smith had a productive season and we let him go.

Hmmm... almost seems like there are way more reasons than just on field performance that can cause a team to not be able to resign a player.

17 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

Because Colin Jones? Because he is a known commodity and we are fairly comfortable with the floor that he brings. 

Its like calling up your ex when you are single and looking for some ass. Yea she can’t tackle but im not trying to marry her, just need someone that looks-the-part for a little while until I find something better.

Colin Jones sucks.  He's a fan favorite because of his special teams play, but he is hot garbage at safety.  

15 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Part of it is his improvement on the field the last two years. I think his coverage skills could help us.

He's local. Based in / near CLT I believe, so a hope we could maybe get him a bit cheaper if he wants to be here.

He's a known name and a lively personality. Adds some spark to our D. (Jackson & Boston together could be fun.)

I admit I've been hopeful we'll sign him, but a big part is because I know who he is / have a good idea of what he could bring. So it's lazy for me to throw out his name above other safeties I know almost nothing about.

Dang, we've missed you around here. You always make sense!

23 hours ago, jamos14 said:

If he was so good in Arizona, why didn't they offer him a new deal?

I'd rather have Boston than Gaulden too.  But neither are good options.  

Who out there is a better FS?  Right now we have Gaulden, who was not overly impressive last year, followed by a whole lot of "who?" Names like Luke Cole, Kai Nacua, Colin Jones, and Carrion Ballard don't exactly inspire a ton of confidence. I'm not a huge fan of Boston, but he's the best option that I see right now.

36 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Guys were talking about Tre on WFNZ, said he had several arguments with the coaching staff while he was here. One reason why he probably won’t be coming back. 

Maybe...  but then why did Wilks sign him in AZ?

36 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Guys were talking about Tre on WFNZ, said he had several arguments with the coaching staff while he was here. One reason why he probably won’t be coming back. 

I would welcome him back simply because he's one of the better FS option available,but he's nowhere near good enough to be engaging in multiple arguments with coaches. You better be a legit superstar to get away with that type of stuff.

4 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Who out there is a better FS?  Right now we have Gaulden, who was not overly impressive last year, followed by a whole lot of "who?" Names like Luke Cole, Kai Nacua, Colin Jones, and Carrion Ballard don't exactly inspire a ton of confidence. I'm not a huge fan of Boston, but he's the best option that I see right now.

On our team?  Unknown.  I think Gaulden deserves his shot in the preseason to see how he plays but we need to sign another.

In FA, there are plenty of FA safeties still available.  

18 hours ago, YETI said:

Agree. Boston is JAG. Rather save the money and play Gaulden. 

What happens if Gaulden gets hurt. Just because we sign Boston, doesn't guarantee that he beats out Gaulden as starting FS. But right now our ONLY plan looks like a second-year nickle convert who looked lost for a lot of the limited snaps he played last year. Boston, at the very least, is quality back up. To me, it's a no-brainer, considering that the price is right.

18 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

What happens if Gaulden gets hurt. Just because we sign Boston, doesn't guarantee that he beats out Gaulden as starting FS. But right now our ONLY plan looks like a second-year nickle convert who looked lost for a lot of the limited snaps he played last year. Boston, at the very least, is quality back up. To me, it's a no-brainer, considering that the price is right.

I'm with you.  We need to sign another safety for depth at a minimum.  I just prefer it not to be Boston.

18 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

I'm with you.  We need to sign another safety for depth at a minimum.  I just prefer it not to be Boston.

I'm okay with Boston provided it is a cheap/"prove it" deal. I definitely don't want to give him a higher than average salary or be stuck with him in a long term deal. We are just going to flat out need bodies at safety pretty soon. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would welcome him back simply because he's one of the better FS option available,but he's nowhere near good enough to be engaging in multiple arguments with coaches. You better be a legit superstar to get away with that type of stuff.

Yeah, if he is going to be a sideline/locker room cancer, no fuging thanks. 

I agree with you completely OP and I have wondered the same thing.

One guy I do still want back is Josh Norman. The Panthers finally had an elite, all star cornerback and it only lasted for 1 long year; but look what our improved secondary play did for our defensive that year. It took us over the top. Even if we got back 24 I doubt he would replicate what he did in 2015; although he has still been above average for the skins for the most part

Archived