• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barnwell's To-Do List

4 hours ago, bull123 said:

While I still say Bradbury is slow, we do need to lock him up

While speed is obviously important, I don't want to see D-Jax and all of his speed trying to match up with the likes of Julio, Evans, and Thomas. It's just way too much of a size/strength disadvantage. You need CBs who can match up with both types and we have that in Bradberry and Jackson. To find a guy who can cover both types very well, you're talking about a potential future HOFer.

I'd rather pay Bradberry $10-12M/year than keep players like Butler & Torrey Smith (though he's an excellent role model). Butler & Smith together take up $7.6M in the cap space this year & I'm sure the cap will rise again. So I'm fine paying Bradberry a good number. Maybe not bling bling money but you get the idea.

Besides, Bradberry's a quiet confident player. He just wants to play. He's not going to hold out or whine like a bitch.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Bradberry is ok...  but how do you lock up an "ok" CB?  At what price?

12-14 million per with over half guaranteed. CB spot has lagged behind other spots getting paid, be wise to sign him before a couple more howard -type deals hit the market. 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:18 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Bradberry is honestly one of the top CBs in the NFL against the better big WRs. We just so happen to be in a division with three teams that feature those very types of WRs. The Bucs have Mike Evans. The Falcons have Julio. The Saints have Michael Thomas. Retaining Bradberry is a must. His lack of INTs is what will keep the contract manageable. 

We have grossly underestimated Bradberry since he has been here. 

Archived