• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Highest rated MLB in Madden?!

CanadianCat

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s a slight and typical narrative to consider the white player as more cerebral than the black guy. 

It's one thing to pull a meaningless race card when defending a member of the Panthers, but it's another when trying discredit arguably the best player on this team.  Good job guy!  

7 hours ago, 45catfan said:

It's one thing to pull a meaningless race card when defending a member of the Panthers, but it's another when trying discredit arguably the best player on this team.  Good job guy!  

Am I discrediting Luke or simply calling out the code speak...hmm

8 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Neither. Luke is probably the smartest defensive player in the league. Countless players on opposing teams have admitted he calls out their plays pre snap during the game. It’s just a fact.

You are the one turning the dudes statement into something it never was in the first place. 

Name a smarter MLB than Luke currently playing in the league. I’ll wait. 

14 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

It’s a slight and typical narrative to consider the white player as more cerebral than the black guy. 

Its not a slight when you're talking about one of the best and smartest LBs to ever play the game. Race has nothing to do with it. 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Its not a slight when you're talking about one of the best and smartest LBs to ever play the game. Race has nothing to do with it. 

Has everything to do with it when you claim that one is smarter than the other when nobody here is qualified  to know that. 

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Has everything to do with it when you claim that one is smarter than the other when nobody here is qualified  to know that. 

I understand where you're coming from (at least i'm trying to), but it isn't always about race. Now I think that all to often it is behind a lot of it, but not necessarily here. Unless i'm missing something or just haven't been hearing it, players around the league, of all colors, talk about luke in a way that they don't talk about other linebackers. If people are talking about wagner in his ability to dissect plays and know the offense the way they talk about luke, please let me see so I can be shown the light. i'm wrong and prone to naivety a lot times and this may very well be one of those moments.

Whatever, though. I'm not going to tell you how to look at it or perceive it. That's all on you, and I don't have that right.  But you are also making assumptions that a comparison statement made between two very good players is rooted in racism. Yes, there is a lot of times where people fall prey to stereotypes in their comparisons of players, but right here I don't think this is one of them....at least from, me it's not. Wagner is one of the best playing the game today. Luke is one of the best to play the game ever. 

fwiw, i think that both are headed to the HoF. my bias towards panthers players is likely in play for a large part of my perception of luke, which also says that smitty, peppers, cam, and maybe even olsen will be on their way to canton as well.

9 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Code Speak? Are you freaking serious?"  If you are trying (and failing) to calling out "code speak", I'm calling out a butt-hurt millennial trying thought police crap that isn't even there.  I could have sworn they banned all the race-baiters in this forum, but apparently not.   Last I checked, It's still a free country and unless I said something racist (which I DID NOT) I be damned if I let some emotionally fragile kid thinking they are the speech Gestapo hiding behind a keyboard (probably in Charoltte) make me have to overly explain my thoughts.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

I understand where you're coming from (at least i'm trying to), but it isn't always about race. Now I think that all to often it is behind a lot of it, but not necessarily here. Unless i'm missing something or just haven't been hearing it, players around the league, of all colors, talk about luke in a way that they don't talk about other linebackers. If people are talking about wagner in his ability to dissect plays and know the offense the way they talk about luke, please let me see so I can be shown the light. i'm wrong and prone to naivety a lot times and this may very well be one of those moments.

Whatever, though. I'm not going to tell you how to look at it or perceive it. That's all on you, and I don't have that right.  But you are also making assumptions that a comparison statement made between two very good players is rooted in racism. Yes, there is a lot of times where people fall prey to stereotypes in their comparisons of players, but right here I don't think this is one of them....at least from, me it's not. Wagner is one of the best playing the game today. Luke is one of the best to play the game ever. 

So here's the thing this dude doesn't know, I'm actually a fan of Bobby Wagner.  Kind of quirky, but I'm personally close to someone else with that same name.  So I have liked him ever since he was drafted by the Seahawks.  Here's my point, if race-baiting gets an unchecked pass like that, then it will get out of control like it has on here in the past.  It got cleaned up, but it looks like it is making a return.  I left this board years ago when personal attacks (including race-baiting) got out of control.  Once it got cleaned up earlier this year I returned. 

So for people like Mr. "code speak", if you compare a black guy favorably over a white guy....that is perfectly fine.  However, if you compare a white favorably over a black guy, well that obviously racism even if the comparison is completely accurate.

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Have you ever watch the top 100 on the NFL Network?  Apparently not.  They have other players talk about guys at whatever number that player landed at for that year.  When Luke''s segment comes up every year, offensive players on opposing teams say how uncanny it is that he can call out plays before the ball is snapped.  Not my words, but words of his peers,  opponents no less.  So yes it is out there that Luke is a extremely cerebral player who happens to be white.  

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

It’s the same old slave narrative that lives in the subconscious of whites. White player is good because he’s smart and black player is good because he’s athletic. Playing the MLB position requires a level of intelligence and to praise one player for it while saying the other is just physically gifted fits that same slave mentality. 

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Have you ever watch the top 100 on the NFL Network?  Apparently not.  They have other players talk about guys at whatever number that player landed at for that year.  When Luke''s segment comes up every year, offensive players on opposing teams say how uncanny it is that he can call out plays before the ball is snapped.  Not my words, but words of his peers,  opponents no less.  So yes it is out there that Luke is a extremely cerebral player who happens to be white.  

And Bobby Wagner out played him last year by being a big dumb black man huh?

5 hours ago, 45catfan said:

So here's the thing this dude doesn't know, I'm actually a fan of Bobby Wagner.  Kind of quirky, but I'm personally close to someone else with that same name.  So I have liked him ever since he was drafted by the Seahawks.  Here's my point, if race-baiting gets an unchecked pass like that, then it will get out of control like it has on here in the past.  It got cleaned up, but it looks like it is making a return.  I left this board years ago when personal attacks (including race-baiting) got out of control.  Once it got cleaned up earlier this year I returned. 

So for people like Mr. "code speak", if you compare a black guy favorably over a white guy....that is perfectly fine.  However, if you compare a white favorably over a black guy, well that obviously racism even if the comparison is completely accurate.

Leave again. Nobody cares. If you have to threaten leaving an online fan forum you need to get a better life. It’s about the stereotypes  that blacks have been labeled with for years. Like I tell everyone, I can’t teach you what being black in America is like, but what I can do is help you understand the poo we deal with. Explain to me how Bobby Wagner is so good and obviously in the eyes of a lot of people, better than Luke if he’s not just as smart? It probably scares you that it might be smarter because people like you like to keep blacks at a certain level so you don’t feel threatened. 

Archived