• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Highest rated MLB in Madden?!

CanadianCat

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Code Speak? Are you freaking serious?"  If you are trying (and failing) to calling out "code speak", I'm calling out a butt-hurt millennial trying thought police crap that isn't even there.  I could have sworn they banned all the race-baiters in this forum, but apparently not.   Last I checked, It's still a free country and unless I said something racist (which I DID NOT) I be damned if I let some emotionally fragile kid thinking they are the speech Gestapo hiding behind a keyboard (probably in Charoltte) make me have to overly explain my thoughts.

I don’t hide behind a keyboard and no I’m not in Charlotte. I am a PSL owner that owns a few seats. Happy to meet you face to face and discuss our differences at any time. Would love to educate you. Feel free to shoot me a private message and we can arrange it. 

15 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Neither. Luke is probably the smartest defensive player in the league. Countless players on opposing teams have admitted he calls out their plays pre snap during the game. It’s just a fact.

You are the one turning the dudes statement into something it never was in the first place. 

Name a smarter MLB than Luke currently playing in the league. I’ll wait. 

So Bobby Wagner is better in the eyes of some because of what? He’s just physically gifted right? God forbid a black man be just as smart as a white guy. 

12 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

And Bobby Wagner out played him last year by being a big dumb black man huh?

Dude, seriously? When the fug did anyone ever suggest Bobby Wagner wasn’t intelligent? Go find it. Show me. 

You cant because it was literally never even hinted that Wagner is a “dumb black man” and this whole thing is honestly making you look pretty stupid. Seriously, wtf is your deal? Stop making issues out of thin air dude. This is pretty ridiculous 

On 7/13/2019 at 8:26 AM, 45catfan said:

Bobby Wagner had a slightly better year.  Luke has had the better career so far.  I guess Madden goes off the previous season's body of work.  Both are really great LBs.  They are going to be the top two Mike LBS of their era.  Call me partial, but as Luke is special with his knowledge of the game.  That's no slight to Bobby Wagner, it's just a fact.  Opponents routinely say that Luke calls out the plays pre-snap and I'm not sure if Bobby Wagner is able to do that at the same level as Luke.

AceBoogie translation:

“Bobby Wagner is a dumb black man”

you see how fugging stupid that sounds when I spell it out for you? Ffs man 

7 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

So Bobby Wagner is better in the eyes of some because of what? He’s just physically gifted right? God forbid a black man be just as smart as a white guy. 

Wtf are you talking about? You must have the worst reading comprehension of anyone I’ve ever met 

Oh and for the fugging record, I have held the opinion that Calvin Johnson is probably the smartest player to grace the league in a few decades, maybe ever along with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

But yes, I think Luke has a better football IQ than just about any other player on the defensive side of the ball. 

I guess that makes me a self loathing racist for my fanship and admiration of Calvin Johnsons incredible play and even more incredible mind? I dunno, you tell me expert. 

Edit: Add Ben Watson to the most intelligent players as well... another black man. 

Everybody recognizes that Luke is one of or the smartest defensive players in the game today. How the fug is that racist? So white players can no longer be called smart now? He routinely calls out offensive plays at a rate that has rarely been seen ever.

23 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Everybody recognizes that Luke is one of or the smartest defensive players in the game today. How the fug is that racist? So white players can no longer be called smart now? He routinely calls out offensive plays at a rate that has rarely been seen ever.

That’s just your typical subconscious slave owner mentality talking apparently lol 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Leave again. Nobody cares. If you have to threaten leaving an online fan forum you need to get a better life. It’s about the stereotypes  that blacks have been labeled with for years. Like I tell everyone, I can’t teach you what being black in America is like, but what I can do is help you understand the poo we deal with. Explain to me how Bobby Wagner is so good and obviously in the eyes of a lot of people, better than Luke if he’s not just as smart? It probably scares you that it might be smarter because people like you like to keep blacks at a certain level so you don’t feel threatened. 

So there’s a direct correlation between intelligence and ability? The best players in the league are also the smartest? Are you suggesting Rob Gronkowski was the smartest Tight End in football for years?

Homerism aside. How can anyone be mad at this?

Wagner has been on the same level as Luke for the past few years. Add in Luke's concussion history and his slight drop off this was expected. Still Luke is at worst the 2nd best LB in the NFL. We going to be okay.lol

4 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Leave again. Nobody cares. If you have to threaten leaving an online fan forum you need to get a better life. It’s about the stereotypes  that blacks have been labeled with for years. Like I tell everyone, I can’t teach you what being black in America is like, but what I can do is help you understand the poo we deal with. Explain to me how Bobby Wagner is so good and obviously in the eyes of a lot of people, better than Luke if he’s not just as smart? It probably scares you that it might be smarter because people like you like to keep blacks at a certain level so you don’t feel threatened. 

Apparently you have some really, REALLY, deep issues.  If you have an inferiority complex, then that's your burden to bare, not mine and maybe you need to seek professional help.  I have a post-graduate degree, so I have no hangups about my own intellect.  Sure there are smarter people out there than me...of all races, but it is becoming apparent that the only person that has a problem with race in this conversation is you.   

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I don’t hide behind a keyboard and no I’m not in Charlotte. I am a PSL owner that owns a few seats. Happy to meet you face to face and discuss our differences at any time. Would love to educate you. Feel free to shoot me a private message and we can arrange it. 

I'm a PSL owner too, what does that have to do with anything? Why would I PM you for...an education? Is that "code speak"?  I would drop it dude, you've beclowned yourself enough already and looking worse in every additional post.  And no, one person with a warped sense of reality is not going to run me off this board.

3 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Wtf are you talking about? You must have the worst reading comprehension of anyone I’ve ever met 

Oh and for the fugging record, I have held the opinion that Calvin Johnson is probably the smartest player to grace the league in a few decades, maybe ever along with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

But yes, I think Luke has a better football IQ than just about any other player on the defensive side of the ball. 

I guess that makes me a self loathing racist for my fanship and admiration of Calvin Johnsons incredible play and even more incredible mind? I dunno, you tell me expert. 

Edit: Add Ben Watson to the most intelligent players most as well... another black man. 

Here's the true test--have someone read my original post that does not know the races of the two players in question and see if they find ANY racism in it at all.  Ace Boogie only found it racist because of one, solitary, underlining criteria: comparing two football players--one who just so happens to be black and the other one is white.  Nothing else mattered at that point, it was an obviously racist post...in his mind anyhow.

Archived