• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Witcher

Harbingers

4 minutes ago, Cdw said:

They didn't mind at all delving into Yen's past, so it could have worked.  Start the show with a young Geralt and some other kids doing witcher training, then going through the trials and show just how horrible it is and have Geralt be the only one to survive it. 

Gotta remember though the show runner tried to pitch a show about just Ciri and Yennefer with no Geralt. Nobody bought it, so she realized she had to add Geralt back.  

It’s the perfect place to show it though coming up. 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Gotta remember though the show runner tried to pitch a show about just Ciri and Yennefer with no Geralt. Nobody bought it, so she realized she had to add Geralt back.  

It’s the perfect place to show it though coming up. 

No, I hadn't heard that... just, wtf was she even thinking

25 minutes ago, Cdw said:

No, I hadn't heard that... just, wtf was she even thinking

SPOILER: for those that haven’t read all the books there’s a huge spoiler at the end of that article. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-showrunners-original-netflix-pitch-had-ciri-as-the-protagonist/

What she doesn’t say and the article doesn’t say is nobody would buy her original pitch and that’s why she had to change it. Not because of some idea she had. 

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

SPOILER: for those that haven’t read all the books there’s a huge spoiler at the end of that article. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-showrunners-original-netflix-pitch-had-ciri-as-the-protagonist/

What she doesn’t say and the article doesn’t say is nobody would buy her original pitch and that’s why she had to change it. Not because of some idea she had. 

I'll save that to read later as I am only a little more than half way through 'Lady of the Lake'

On 12/24/2019 at 11:33 AM, Kinographer said:

I think the Ciri parts have been the worst parts of the show. One of the shows biggest weaknesses is how they're basically trying to be Game of Thrones with all of the shifting points of view. The Witcher series has never been like that, Geralt has always been the focus of it. I like both Yennefer and Ciri in the games and books, but they're side characters.

GoT didn’t create that or make it prominent. 

Ciri’s part was good but seriously rushed, it should have taken up a bit more time but Geralts should have been the highest run time. 

They easily could have kept all that Yennefer poo until next season or even a season later. They should have introduced her as an unknown badass mage that’s tied to Geralt somehow and explored it from there. Really the show runner is the biggest thing holding this epic back. 

Yenns part was easily the worst part of the show. She’s suppose to be mysterious, dangerous and unmitigated. Trying to push her entire backstory through while your trying to create a world is just pathetically sloppy writing by the producers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW my wife got me the first 3 books in the series (well, the first three official books, I think) for Valentine's day. I'll crack them open when I finish up the last His Dark Materials book.

I wasn't 100% sold on the first season, but The Last Kingdom's first season wasn't straight fire, either. But it is now one of my most anticipated Netflix series returns. I hope The Witcher can follow suit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/31/2020 at 11:58 AM, fitty76 said:

Since I have time now.  I started playing Witcher 3 on PS4.  Great game so far.  

It is a great game still, especially for 5 years old.

It is even better if you’ve started since Witcher 1. Wish you could bang as many chicks. But the links, history and character development are there.

I think the only reason people give Skyrim the advantage is it’s more friendly to the masses, and yea Skyrim is slightly older.

Personally my only issue with Witcher now that the cleaned most glitches is the controls. They are wonky and if they would have just put more time into them, the game really would’ve benefitted. You can tell the programmers ported the PS4 from a PC.

As for the content I wanted more sim stuff, house, wife, building things and owning things. But that’s not Witcher style, he’s a nomad I get it. Geralts character could be more interestIng or even better, more customizable to the player.

But hey in an age where games are complete garbage I won’t complain, this game easily gives your money’s worth.

The books are much better. You learn a ton about the characters and while they really vanilla’d them up for the games they still did a good job in the games. 

• 3 months later...

Archived