• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do tickets work this year?

Hotsauce

My understanding is that paper tickets are done. I have a season ticket relative who usually sent tickets via mail. He lives pretty far away from Charlotte. What will he have to do?  He is elderly, and still has a flip phone and likely has Windows 95 on a desktop still...

He can transfer the tickets to you but He'll have to sign in to his Panthers account on is 2004 desktop computer to do it.  Hopefully Internet Explorer 4 will still render the panthers website correctly.

Once he is on there, he can "Transfer" the tickets to you via email.

You'll get an email and in order to 'accept' the tickets you will need to also have a Panther account - for you it may be easier to download the panthers app on your smart phone.

Once you have the tickets on your phone you are golden.  You can transfer them (sell) them as well.   Panthers recommend that you put them in your wallet because you can't screen shot them to get into the games anymore.  You'll either need them in your wallet or you'll have to have an active connection to the panthers app when you walk in the stadium.

The Apple wallet works seemlessly (See ticket, click on "add to apple wallet") but I haven't figured out how to get google pay (Android version of Apple wallet, supposedly) to store the tickets.

If anyone has figured out the Android wallet thing and will post a tutorial, much respect will be given.

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Totally sucks...what if you want to buy tickets outside the stadium

I think you'll still be able to, there just won't be an exchange of paper tickets.  If you are so inclined I would recommend setting up a Panthers account under a newly created GMAIL account for just that purpose - because I doubt you want to be giving a scalper your main email address.

ie .... You talk to scalper and agree on price.  You show scalper the money and he emails you the link to claim the tickets - to your newly created email account.  You go on the Panthers app and verify the tickets are there and then you pay the man.

Actually will reduce the risk of getting scammed if it's as secure as ticketmaster says it is.

1 hour ago, ok2h8pep said:

I think you'll still be able to, there just won't be an exchange of paper tickets.  If you are so inclined I would recommend setting up a Panthers account under a newly created GMAIL account for just that purpose - because I doubt you want to be giving a scalper your main email address.

ie .... You talk to scalper and agree on price.  You show scalper the money and he emails you the link to claim the tickets - to your newly created email account.  You go on the Panthers app and verify the tickets are there and then you pay the man.

Actually will reduce the risk of getting scammed if it's as secure as ticketmaster says it is.

This should be interesting to watch play out!

Update on what I've heard from last night's game and the entry issues people had...I did not attend last nights pre-season game but normally I do as I have season tickets. I used the digital tickets a lot last year when they were optional and did not have any problems. I've spoken to several friends that went to the game last night and they said the ticket scanning system is a nightmare. People fumbling with phones, constantly trying to keep their screens bright or on, ticket scanners not working, etc.. Apparently there are two ways to scan the tickets. You can show the barcode on the panthers/ticketmaster app and have the displayed barcode scanned or you can put them in your Apple Wallet and then hold the phone near the device and it will read the ticket. A couple of my friends said the scanners did not even work more than half of the time. This sounds like a complete pain. They said the ticket scanning lines were backed all the way up to the security checkpoints! Not cool at all. 

4 hours ago, trev230 said:

Update on what I've heard from last night's game and the entry issues people had...I did not attend last nights pre-season game but normally I do as I have season tickets. I used the digital tickets a lot last year when they were optional and did not have any problems. I've spoken to several friends that went to the game last night and they said the ticket scanning system is a nightmare. People fumbling with phones, constantly trying to keep their screens bright or on, ticket scanners not working, etc.. Apparently there are two ways to scan the tickets. You can show the barcode on the panthers/ticketmaster app and have the displayed barcode scanned or you can put them in your Apple Wallet and then hold the phone near the device and it will read the ticket. A couple of my friends said the scanners did not even work more than half of the time. This sounds like a complete pain. They said the ticket scanning lines were backed all the way up to the security checkpoints! Not cool at all. 

I can attest to this. Luckily I got there early and into the stadium without any trouble but i went to get a beer after the first quarter and there was a huge bottleneck still at the gate because the scanners werent working

I pulled the tickets up on my phone as I walked from the security chk to the turnstile.   The guy's ticket scanner wouldn't work or I guess recognize the barcode. He kept trying multiple times and finally got it to work.  Swiped the phone to get to next ticket and it worked first time.  We told him he was going to have a long night if the ticket scanner did that for every person.  I  wondered afterwards if I needed to increase the brightness on my phone but then it read the second barcode immediately. We usually enter the stadium around 1 hour before game time.  Can't imagine what it will be like waiting til 30 minutes or less to enter.  Add in the people that still don't know about the bag policy that hold up the bag chk line that I go through every game with my clear bag.

Hopefully they are getting feedback somehow from the people scanning tickets.

5 hours ago, trev230 said:

I think its crap that they are doing this.  But, it was very easy and quick for me.  I had the tickets on mine and my son's phone just in case, but got thru with mine only.  Just got to have the phone ready when you get up there. 

Archived