• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Ron was fired during the season, who would be the interim head coach?

Hotsauce

1 minute ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

I don't think Norv wants anything to do with being a head coach again and, let's face it, he would probably be fired with Ron if that were to happen.

I've been beating the drum for Head Coach Chase Blackburn for a while now.

Norv said his wife would kill him if he accepted another head coaching job.

If it's just an interim job though, hard to say.

It really doesn't matter because it won't be anyone all that good.

Speaking of Norv. I really need to see something good from him and Cam on Thursday. Opportunistic playcalling with actual adjustments like that of what Sean McVay did to the Panthers opening the second half would be a start. Especially from an OC like Norv Turner who was coaching in the NFL when McVay was still in grade school. It's time to open things up.

21 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It really doesn't matter because it won't be anyone all that good.

Speaking of Norv. I really need to see something good from him and Cam on Thursday. Opportunistic playcalling with actual adjustments like that of what Sean McVay did to the Panthers opening the second half would be a start. Especially from an OC like Norv Turner who was coaching in the NFL when McVay was still in grade school. It's time to open things up.

QB play was the issue.  Sorry, but it was.  Believe me, I'm usually the first guy in the pile on OC's and DC's, but Cam was a joke on Sunday.  

3 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

QB play was the issue.  Sorry, but it was.  Believe me, I'm usually the first guy in the pile on OC's and DC's, but Cam was a joke on Sunday.  

If that's how you feel that's how you feel, but it's the mindset of a simpleton who doesn't know football or team sports in general.

There was no singular issue. You don't lose off one play or even two plays. You lose off tendency and a series of mistakes that put you in disadvantageous situations. The mistakes on the part of Cam were a key cog in that. However moreover were the missed opportunities to create mismatches with our personnel like the Rams and McVay did to the Panthers. We nearly defeated the NFC champions with a career day from CMC. But did it have to be that way? Especially if it's clear your QB is sailing some passes. Is it rust? Who knows? Does he suddenly suck? Doubtful. Will he and the team bounce back against TB? Likely, but we need not only better performance from Cam, but better rhythm, playcalling, and use of personnel from our offensive staff.

18 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If that's how you feel that's how you feel, but it's the mindset of a simpleton who doesn't know football or team sports in general.

There was no singular issue. You don't lose off one play or even two plays. You lose off tendency and a series of mistakes that put you in disadvantageous situations. The mistakes on the part of Cam were a key cog in that. However moreover were the missed opportunities to create mismatches with our personnel like the Rams and McVay did to the Panthers. We nearly defeated the NFC champions with a career day from CMC. But did it have to be that way? Especially if it's clear your QB is sailing some passes. Is it rust? Who knows? Does he suddenly suck? Doubtful. Will he and the team bounce back against TB? Likely, but we need not only better performance from Cam, but better rhythm, playcalling, and use of personnel from our offensive staff.

Perhaps I should overly spell out every single statement because everyone on this board is a sarcastic little sh*t.

Cam Newton's poor performance was the greatest hindrance to the team, and the majority of the reason we lost.  It was not, however, the only reason.  Thank you, your honor.

Has there ever been a team who fired it's coach during the season and then went to the playoffs with an interim?  Serious question.  I can't think of one.

It just doesn't make sense to can your HC during the year.  It's not going to make you an instant contender, so why create the disruption?  It's not a good look for the team, and it may hurt your teams reputation among other potential HC candidates.

Archived