• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Double Standard For Quarterbacks

KaseKlosed

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You don't think a similar mindset eventually seeps in with the fashion stuff?

Is it because he's wearing a scarf or is it because he's a black quarterback wearing a scarf?

Let's not pretend like there haven't been underlying issues and walls that have had to be broken with the QB position specifically in relation to being a black quarterback in the NFL.

You don't think Aaron Rodgers would be mercilessly laughed at week after week if he showed up wearing Cam's outfits with a scarf, etc? Just as many of my black friends clown Cam for his wardrobe as do my white friends. 

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Igo you seem to show more concern for how our white running back is perceived by 1 troll than the continued obvious hatred hurled at Newton by racists, or "knuckleheads" as you refer to them for some reason.

I think the huddle has run it's course for me.

I've banned countless racists from this joint and will continue to do so. Stop throwing tantrums.

18 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You don't think a similar mindset eventually seeps in with the fashion stuff?

Is it because he's wearing a scarf or is it because he's a black quarterback wearing a scarf?

Let's not pretend like there haven't been underlying issues and walls that have had to be broken with the QB position specifically in relation to being a black quarterback in the NFL.

For some people, sure. I don't think it's the majority though. I don't think not liking Cam's outfits or making fun of them makes one a racist. A douche, sure. Not a racist necessarily.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

For some people, sure. I don't think it's the majority though. I don't think not liking Cam's outfits or making fun of them makes one a racist. A douche, sure. Not a racist necessarily.

If you look like a clown, you get treated like a clown. No one cared when we were winning what he wore, but when you look crazy after a loss, it's just another talking point. Not hard to comprehend really. And we know, based on the Amazon show, how much time, thought and consulting goes into his carefully articulated outfits. I've never once said anything about what he wears because I don't care, but Cam is smart enough to know that people will talk about his outfits afterward, no matter whether it is justified or not. 

18 hours ago, KaseKlosed said:

Dual threat vs Pro Style lingo.

Josh Allen is a winner vs Lamar Jacksons intelligence questioned

Twice as likely to be benched. (Backed by facts)

A dual threat QB is expected to do everything right. 

I agree with all this.  As Panthers fans we have all experienced it with how Cam was treated by the media early in his career... however, if you're trying to apply the logic to a severely underperforming, injury-prone 8 year vet, you're mistaken.  The criticisms against Cam right now have absolutely nothing to do with his race and you know it.

14 hours ago, Palmetto said:

What about bad Qbs who start and continue to start even on different teams 

Remember the Blaine Gabbert on  the 9ers is just as good as Cam argument early in 2015 

If someone thought Blaine Gabbert was as good as Cam, I just don't think I could have football discussions with that person any longer.

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I agree with all this.  As Panthers fans we have all experienced it with how Cam was treated by the media early in his career... however, if you're trying to apply the logic to a severely underperforming, injury-prone 8 year vet, you're mistaken.  The criticisms against Cam right now have absolutely nothing to do with his race and you know it.

Can you just stick to the video. Thanks

Archived