• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defense carrying team

ncfan

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

and this defense statistically isn’t even close to some during Ron’s playoff seasons 

currently 19th ppg allowed 

currently 11th ypg allowed 

I’m not big on ypg but that ppg average has been skewed by the bucs games. I think it’s fair to say we’re pretty fuging stout defensively by the thing you like to use to judge, eyes.

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m not big on ypg but that ppg average has been skewed by the bucs games. I think it’s fair to say we’re pretty fuging stout defensively by the thing you like to use to judge, eyes.

Ypg are great but the big things that have stuck out

Sacks and Ints.  We were really good in 2015 with it.  2015 was the perfect storm, our offense was the top of the league while our D could get after the QB and create turnovers. 

Since 2015 season Totals through 16 games 

2016: 17 ints, 47 sacks

2017: 10 ints, 50 sacks

2018: 13 ints, 35 sacks

This years through 6 games 

9 ints, 27 sacks

10 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Take out the last Tampa game and we still outside the top 10 in ppg 

we make big plays. Wouldn’t call us stout yet...

but this is another desperate thread to trash a young QB needlessly IMO who is doing a great job on his role.  A much more experienced Cam has been aided by better defenses.  And there was nothing wrong with that either 

5 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Cam also needs the defense to win games. 

Not necessarily 

When healthy he's carried the D at times Giants 2015 the nod when he got the ball last afyer the Giants scored and the D gave up a sh!t load in thw 4th.  Then drives down and we won

But yes in our BEST seasons Cam has been good, but the Defense carried their weight.  Which its been awhile since theyve had

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Cam has shown and lead the offense alone over his career tho. That's the difference. If you need one of them to carry that side of the ball at 100% who is more likely..

I love cam but no one carries a team

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Not necessarily 

When healthy he's carried the D at times Giants 2015 the nod when he got the ball last afyer the Giants scored and the D gave up a sh!t load in thw 4th.  Then drives down and we won

But yes in our BEST seasons Cam has been good, but the Defense carried their weight.  Which its been awhile since theyve had

1 out of his 4 seasons where he made the playoffs we didn’t slant defensively....just like this thread points out is happening again.  So this is basically the norm for a good season under Ron. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

1 out of his 4 seasons where he made the playoffs we didn’t slant defensively....just like this thread points out is happening again.  So this is basically the norm for a good season under Ron. 

Which is a good thing and we should be happy.  I agree with you, no need to bash KA or Cam

Archived