• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen is an inexperienced but good backup qb who is learning!

Matt62881

What Kyle is, is a rookie QB who has started his career 5-1. 

Playing QB in the NFL is a learning experience.  He's a smart kid and as he gets more playing time he will continue to improve. 

Will he ever be a superstar?  Who knows. 

However, I will say his potential upside seems to be equal to or exceed that of other QB's picked WAAAY up in the draft ---- kudos to Marty for picking him up.

All that said, ready to see Cam get back in there asap.

What's the holdup?

15 minutes ago, GreensboroPirate said:

PFF has Kyle Allen as the second worst rated quarterback in the entire NFL, for the totality of the season

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rankings-nfl-quarterback-rankings-following-week-8-2019

30. Kyle Allen, Carolina Panthers

While Allen’s story as an unexpected success story was a fine one, his 106.6 passer rating and zero interceptions in his four starts was fool’s gold. It caught up to him last week against the 49ers, and his current numbers (88.5 passer rating) are more in line with his actual performance. He must improve his pocket presence, as his 22.5 fumble grade is worst in the league and he ranks just 31st in adjusted completion percentage (71.3%) despite showing impressive flashes at times during Carolina’s winning streak.

Fumbles were cleaned up. I get that’s part of the total formula they use. 

This is a common tactic in statistics. Wait until a shock event happens and use that to prove your assumption. Before the niners Allen had a QB rating around what Aaron Rodgers has and no interceptions (but lots of fumbles admittedly).

If you want to prove Charlotte NC gets lots of snow, wait until there is a freak snowstorm in March and use the projected total for the year.

Anyway, I think most people here think he has been a pretty good backup. But still want a healthy Cam.

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

This is a common tactic in statistics. Wait until a shock event happens and use that to prove your assumption. Before the miners Allen had a QB rating around what Aaron Rodgers has and no interceptions (but lots of fumbles admittedly).

If you want to prove Charlotte NC gets lots of snow, wait until there is a freak snowstorm in March and use the projected total for the year.

Anyway, I think most people here think he has been a pretty good backup. But still want a healthy Cam.

Exactly hes been a pretty good backup but has really needed the defenses help to win games. He has potential but the game hasnt slowed down for him yet, you wont see him having great passing games that we are going to need sometimes. I dont see him at this time putting up 350 yds in the air, he needs to be able to run PA and hit Samuel on those balls he had against the 9rs.

I love how QB's either have to be crowned the next Tom Brady or condemned as a life-long backup. There is literally no in between for fans. I like the potential of Allen but he's not anywhere near a 100% Cam. We should still all be cheering Allen on because who knows when or if Cam can even get back to 90%.

I really hope Cam get come back strong but the last year and a half coupled with the shear number of hits that he's taken in his career doesn't have me feeling too comfortable. 

I'm happy to have Allen as our backup moving forward. Allen will sort of take the measure how the o-line is pass blocking early in a game, and if the protection looks poor, then he gets jumpy and looks to unload the ball quickly even if he's not under duress. I think this is due in part to his inexperience, and just being human. Who wants to get snapped in half by a roided up SF lean and tall monster. The thing is you need to hang in there and make the tough throws and be willing to take a big hit after you release the ball. Bad things can happen to you when you do that, like Brees and his hand, but you have to take it. 

What we have to have is a QB who can connect deep. We need to be able to play-action pass and manipulate the defense. If Cam an return and connect with deep passes then that changes everything. If not, then we're really not headed anywhere with just Allen playing it safe and missing deep shots against good defenses. Not enough. 

1 minute ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I love how QB's either have to be crowned the next Tom Brady or condemned as a life-long backup. There is literally no in between for fans. I like the potential of Allen but he's not anywhere near a 100% Cam. We should still all be cheering Allen on because who knows when or if Cam can even get back to 90%.

I really hope Cam get come back strong but the last year and a half coupled with the shear number of hits that he's taken in his career doesn't have me feeling too comfortable. 

I believe he comes back 100% if they give him the time, early 2018 shows this and honestly he was 85% then.

14-28, 123 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT.

Sept. 27, 2003.

Bills 31-Patriots 0.

--Tom Brady's second full season begins with the Patriots. 

Let's try not to  throw the kid out after his first bad game, especially when it sure looked like the ENTIRE team got beat that day.

I like KA. I loved the UDFA pick up last year. Hated the Grier pick because of I see a lot of potential in KA too. But he’s a young inexperienced QB with a lot of flaws to work out. He was never meant to replace Cam and neither was Grier. The expectations set for this kid were unbelievable and something he could never live up too. The expectations from the “anybody but Cam” crowd were really unfair to him. Hopefully his confidence isn’t too shot and the team can pull out another win vs Tennessee 

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

14-28, 123 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT.

Sept. 27, 2003.

Bills 31-Patriots 0.

--Tom Brady's second full season begins with the Patriots. 

Let's try not to  throw the kid out after his first bad game, especially when it sure looked like the ENTIRE team got beat that day.

Thats why i used the title inexperienced...likr ive said the game hasnt slowed down for him yet, there hasnt been much Kyle Allen hate in this thread tbh.

7 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Thats why i used the title inexperienced...likr ive said the game hasnt slowed down for him yet, there hasnt been much Kyle Allen hate in this thread tbh.

You're right, but with this place, it's best to go ahead and remind folks. Some are prone to panic around here.

Archived