• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwayne Jarrett quote from 2007 in practice after getting drafted.

X-Clown

From dwaynejarrettonline.com

June is a month to dream if you are a bride, a kid just out of school or an NFL rookie. The Carolina Panthers haven't lost a single game yet in 2007, and Dwayne Jarrett has switched his uniform number to 80.

That switch -- Jarrett was originally assigned No. 82 -- might not seem significant until you understand Jarrett's reasoning. His idol as a youth was NFL legend Jerry Rice, who also wore 80 in San Francisco.

Rice and Jarrett have at least one thing in common -- average speed. One reason Jarrett lasted until the second round of the NFL draft was the fact he only runs a 40-yard dash in the 4.6-second range. Jarrett takes solace in knowing Rice was never the fastest player on an NFL field, either.

Said Jarrett after a Panthers' workout this week: "The greatest receiver in the world was Jerry Rice, and he ran around a 4.6. I'm not saying I'm Jerry Rice. But your positioning and the way you run your routes -- that all counts, too. I know a lot of fast guys who can't get open. If you're a football player, you're a football player."

LOL at the bold quote.

Archived