• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen and his fumbling issues.

ellis

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're saying Kyle Allen is the next John Elway!!! :mad:

There, see how stupid that sounds?

I see what you did there. 

For the record, I was at a preseason game in Charlotte when Bledsoe went out and Brady came in--a fifth rounder from Michigan that nobody had really heard of.  I was with my coaching buddies.  I said, "Number 12 is better than Bledsoe."  They laughed at me--gave me hell all the way home.  I did not defend myself-felt stupid.  Now when I remind them of it, they develop amnesia.

(This is where you say, "So you're saying Allen is the next Brady?")

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I see what you did there. 

For the record, I was at a preseason game in Charlotte when Bledsoe went out and Brady came in--a fifth rounder from Michigan that nobody had really heard of.  I was with my coaching buddies.  I said, "Number 12 is better than Bledsoe."  They laughed at me--gave me hell all the way home.  I did not defend myself-felt stupid.  Now when I remind them of it, they develop amnesia.

I am saying that he is off to a normal start--let's see how it plays out with Allen. 

(This is where you say, "So you're saying Allen is the next Brady?")

So you're saying Al...wait :thinking:

I think a lot of people just don't understand general or stylistic comparisons. They automatically assume if you name a particular quarterback then you must be making a direct comparison between the ability of the two.

That's silly.

Cam Newton, Brett Favre, John Elway, Jake Delhomme and Rex Grossman are all the same style of quarterback (i.e. big play "gunslinger" types).

Their levels of ability are, shall we say, varied

I’m not comparing Kyle Allen to Tom Brady. Don’t be ridiculous. I’m just offering a counterpoint to those who continue to obsess over a mechanical issue that clearly has been cleaned up. Also, young quarterbacks do this. It happens.

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

Kyle Allen has good ball security compared to Jake Delhomme early on.    Can Kyle be as good or better than Jake Delhomme? Sure he could. 

and people bring up Brady … because he is a textbook example of why everyone has a shot until they prove they don't.  No one thought Brady was going to be Brady when he was drafted.  When he started 7 games or when he finished his first season. 

Brady did not hit his own stride till he was like 30 from looking at his stats when destroyed the league. 

But early on, Brady looked okay with close to a 2 to 1 TD:INT.

Screenshot_20191107-132620_Brave.thumb.jpg.4e9aedde678dce77a0073dfccd5e9447.jpg

KA:

Screenshot_20191107-132803_Brave.thumb.jpg.e00ee085a4e6671af6adf90d04573f23.jpg

KA is his own dude. 

4 minutes ago, ellis said:

I’m not comparing Kyle Allen to Tom Brady. Don’t be ridiculous. I’m just offering a counterpoint to those who continue to obsess over a mechanical issue that clearly has been cleaned up. Also, young quarterbacks do this. It happens.

So what I hear you saying is that Kyle Allen is the next Tom Brady :thinking:

Kyle is not Tom Brady. That was never the point. I can pull up countless other examples of quarterbacks who have struggled with ball security in the pocket as young guys. Cam was better than Tom at this, but pretty much on par with what Kyle has done. 

1 minute ago, ellis said:

Kyle is not Tom Brady. That was never the point. I can pull up countless other examples of quarterbacks who have struggled with ball security in the pocket as young guys. Cam was better than Tom at this, but pretty much on par with what Kyle has done. 

Messing with ya, dude :)

5 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

compare the tape then. be the one to say kyle looks comparable to an early brady

again, as I said....use Jake Delhomme in the exercise.   We don't know Kyle Allen's ceiling in the NFL yet.  Just like we didn't know Jake's went he played 7 games and every QB you can find between Jake and Brady. 

51 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

unless you're also going to argue that allen's tape looks like early brady or w/e then this is a pointless exercise. the problem isn't just that he turns the ball over. the problem is he does it without being particularly good elsewhere. walk out on that limb if you want but it feels like trolling otherwise.

It’s hilarious that you’re going to roll the troll card out on me. I do film analysis without trashing players. That would be the textbook opposite of trolling. 

So, let me ask you a question: without being particularly good elsewhere? You really believe that? You don’t draw any positives from his play on the field? It’s all bad? Is there any nuance involved here? I’m factoring in everything, including coming in on short notice with the weight on his shoulders, and playing well enough to win football games. I’ve never said he’s a starting caliber quarterback. I did say he could be a long-term solution for the number two spot here. 

What is your take on his deep throw accuracy issues? Is it footwork related? Do you think he lacks the range? What about timing? Is he too late on any of these throws? 

It’s really hard to go 5-1 with a bad run defense and a terrible quarterback. 

Archived