• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cams future was in doubt before foot injury

Squirrel

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Based on everything I read about him before he bought the Panthers, I expected he was going to be at least somewhat "hands on" once he started to take more control.

It's been reported that he's now transitioning away from the hedge fund stuff to being a full-time NFL owner, so it's generally expected he'll have more influence on the football side in the years to come.

Yeah, I don't know what to think about that. If we go full tilt and bring in new coaching, management, etc, it will make me feel a little better that he just wanted to put his stamp on the franchise and mold it to where he thought it needed to be.

But.......Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones come to mind as well. Let's hope this all works out.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Not exactly groundbreaking news. Of course there were concerns with the shoulder, it was the biggest story of the offseason. Obviously that became overshadowed by the preseason ankle injury. This needs to be a heavy learning lesson moving forward for all parties involved. It doesn't exactly instill confidence in the medical staff that suddenly Kyle Allen has a phantom shoulder injury now as well.

Very Trump-esque conspiracy theory. Just say the words in order to make the connection for people of low intelligence. The fact it makes no sense doesnt matter.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I don’t blame him. You’ve got a QB who’s been playing hurt the past 4 years and a young inexperienced guy who’s 6-1. Extending him with one year left is lunacy. Ron and Hurney aren’t who I’d trust on this. 

Before the poo, I’m not even saying to trade or release Cam, just that extending a continuously hurt (not Cam’s fault either, just facts) before he’s proven healthy is crazy.

Yeah, I hope no one is making a non-troll argument for extending Cam. IMO, I'd love to have him back for that last year of the deal. Not sure even if the team was willing, if he would be willing. But to extend him after three straight years of being banged up is lunacy. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Marty and Ron will share the same fate as Cam. Of course they hope he is retained.

I mean honestly, retaining him given the questions about his health would have been a sketchy proposition anyway. Extending him would have been insane, basically Jake's"thank you" contract all over again.

I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of Ron and Marty anyway, but if they were seriously thinking of that...

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I hope no one is making a non-troll argument for extending Cam. IMO, I'd love to have him back for that last year of the deal. Not sure even if the team was willing, if he would be willing. But to extend him after three straight years of being banged up is lunacy. 

The general rule is you don't let big time players get to the last year of their contract without talking about some kind of extension.

On the flipside, big time players tend to get annoyed when teams don't at least make some kind of overture. 

Proven players don't like being asked to play on "prove it" deals.

14 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Very Trump-esque conspiracy theory. Just say the words in order to make the connection for people of low intelligence. The fact it makes no sense doesnt matter.

Do you not remember the Daryl Williams situation last year? He bypassed surgery as well. He reinjured his knee and ended up on IR.

No one is talking about a conspiracy or saying injuries are entirely on the staff.

If you could ever resist being an insufferable contrarian you might actually post something of value once in awhile.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The general rule is you don't let big time players get to the last year of their contract without talking about some kind of extension.

On the flipside, big time players tend to get annoyed when teams don't at least make some kind of overture. 

Proven players don't like being asked to play on "prove it" deals.

Yeah but this would be an outlier scenario given the past three years of injuries. I could definitely understand why the team would be reticent to extend and why Cam would be equally as reticent to be asked to play his final year on that "prove it" deal.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Do you not remember the Daryl Williams situation last year? He bypassed surgery as well. He reinjured his knee and ended up on IR.

No one is talking about a conspiracy or saying injuries are entirely on the staff.

If you could ever resist being an insufferable contrarian you might actually post something of value once in awhile.

dude you're retarded.  you said he had a phantom shoulder injury.   nothing phantom about being slammed to the ground.  medical staff hasn't been able to get cam to have surgery multiple times when he's needed it.  what qb, other than cam, waits until the last minute to have shoulder surgery.  he doesn't like getting cut on even when its needed.  we've known that for years. 

17 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I don't know what to think about that. If we go full tilt and bring in new coaching, management, etc, it will make me feel a little better that he just wanted to put his stamp on the franchise and mold it to where he thought it needed to be.

But.......Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones come to mind as well. Let's hope this all works out.

Bit early to be comparing him to Snyder and Jones don't you think? All depends on how the season shakes out and what he does with the staff in the event our season ends once again in failure. I don't think injuries should be an excuse for another year of a losing record from this staff regardless. Not with the Bucs and Falcons playing the way they are. We still have to defeat Atlanta btw. Quinn owns Ron so far.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but this would be an outlier scenario given the past three years of injuries. I could definitely understand why the team would be reticent to extend and why Cam would be equally as reticent to be asked to play his final year on that "prove it" deal.

Which kind of puts us where we are now.

And I know everybody wants to pick a side and blame somebody but in this case, I can't really blame either side for being reluctant here.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Bit early to be comparing him to Snyder and Jones don't you think? All depends on how the season shakes out and what he does with the staff in the event our season ends once again in failure. I don't think injuries should be an excuse for another year of a losing record from this staff regardless. Not with the Bucs and Falcons playing the way they are. We still have to defeat Atlanta btw. Quinn owns Ron so far.

The majority of division rival coaches seem to own Rivera so far.

The Bucs coach doesn't because who that is keeps changing.

Just now, raz said:

dude you're retarded.  you said he had a phantom shoulder injury.   nothing phantom about being slammed to the  ground.  medical staff hasn't been able to get cam to have surgery multiple times when he's needed it.  what qb, other than cam, waits until the last minute to have shoulder surgery.  he doesn't like getting cut on even when its needed.  we've known that for years. 

You aren't at all curious about the timing and downplaying of the report of Allen's shoulder injury?

Hey raz, stick to what you do best here on the huddle, bullying females.

Archived