• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Allen today

WarHeel

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

I need him to perform like this regardless of how the other 2 units are performing in games consistently before I changed my tune or opinion on him 

Fair enough. My point is simply looking at this one game in the scope of a small sample size of games. I’m not claiming him to be the next Brady like some but I’m also not going to waive him off after one really bad game or being butt hurt that Cam might be gone.

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yeah but just as many folks do that with Cam too

Allen is clearly talented, he just turned the ball over too much. Hopefully he keeps this going, ball security and better decisions today and I'm happy he's doing well

Agreed it goes both ways on the Cam front. I personally just want to see ALL of our guys do well. I’m not rooting for anyone to lose, even if it means keeping our staff intact. I’ll always take the “W.”

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

Fair enough. My point is simply looking at this one game in the scope of a small sample size of games. I’m not claiming him to be the next Brady like some but I’m also not going to waive him off after one really bad game or being butt hurt that Cam might be gone.

It’s all about non complacency, if the cam era ends it needs to be followed by a era of equal or better, not downgrading just cause  

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

It’s all about non complacency, if the cam era ends it needs to be followed by a era of equal or better, not downgrading just cause  

We have to be realistic that a generational talent in Newton might not be an easy find.

I stay by my position that we can get it done with a stout D, game manager at QB, and protecting the football.

I like Cam and hope he plays next year. I will defend him from being bashed for reasons that got nothing to do with football. 

I like Allen bc of "he plays for my fave team bias" but he also has some talent and it's worth it to see if he has a future considering QBs cost money and if you can get him cheap while paying CMC before he's used up (he's a RB, be realistic) and while paying other positions like corner and pass rusher. We wanna win, after all

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

We have to be realistic that a generational talent in Newton might not be an easy find.

I stay by my position that we can get it done with a stout D, game manager at QB, and protecting the football.

Ask the bears where that’s getting them, it’s good in theory, but you need to hit on defense, talking generational talent on each level of the defense to replicate some of the Super Bowl wins some of the Trent differs and Peyton in his final season achieved. 

we don’t need a generational talent but if you have a hard time out performing cam passing wise, one of the biggest knocks on him, than without the running ability you’re really not making the team better 

4 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Ask the bears where that’s getting them, it’s good in theory, but you need to hit on defense, talking generational talent on each level of the defense to replicate some of the Super Bowl wins some of the Trent differs and Peyton in his final season achieved. 

we don’t need a generational talent but if you have a hard time out performing cam passing wise, one of the biggest knocks on him, than without the running ability you’re really not making the team better 

I still don’t think that offense is being utilized correctly but I see your comparison. 

Archived