• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teppers press conference

Squirrel

Seemed a little hostile there. I enjoyed it but Tepper wasnt making friends with media.  

One thing he mentioned was having 20k to 40k of opposing team jerseys in the stands. Wonder if he will try to stop the reselling of tickets like Denver did. 

Edited

Just now, Squirrel said:

In thing he mentioned was having 20k to 40k of opposing team jerseys in the stands. Wonder if he will try to stop the reselling of tickets like Denver did. 

I don't think they stopped reselling altogether, they just restricted resales to the immediate area, right? 

poo, if Carolina stopped reselling altogether there wouldn't be anyone at the games.

It was pretty bad optics to talk about the value of opposing merchandise versus simply talking about seeing a lot of opposing jerseys in the stands. Definitely made it seem like he cared more about the "missed opportunities" to sell that merchandise than the fact that the team can't currently draw it's own fanbase to fill the seats.

25 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Thanks. Looked there yesterday but couldn't find it.

Finally got to hear where they asked the question about Hurney sticking around. As in the other areas, he talked about the process of re-evaluating the structure without actually saying a straight, simple "yes".

54 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Seemed a little hostile there. I enjoyed it but Tepper wasnt making friends with media.  

One thing he mentioned was having 20k to 40k of opposing team jerseys in the stands. Wonder if he will try to stop the reselling of tickets like Denver did. 

Edited

51 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I don't think they stopped reselling altogether, they just restricted resales to the immediate area, right? 

poo, if Carolina stopped reselling altogether there wouldn't be anyone at the games.

If he starts blacking out games... 

54 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

They keep track of who sells season tickets. If you sell your season tickets to opposing fans you lose your season tickets. I’m not sure of the percentages or specifics but thats the gist. 

46 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I couldnt find it either. Winning will sell merchandise and fill seats.

That’s the problem. This isn’t something that’s based purely on wins. When Atlanta came to town we were still highly probable for a playoff spot. The stadium wasn’t even filled at the lower level, and there was literally no noise. This is something Tepper is doing to turn fans off even more than when JR was around. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

fact that the team can't currently draw it's own fanbase to fill the seats.

It's been said a thousand times, but one of the inherent risks of financing a stadium thru PSLs is having a poo-ton of corporate entities using the PSL to shmooze out of town clients and customers, frequently fans of other teams. Not to mention the resale market. Look, the few times I had to sell my seats for an individual game in the 17 seasons I owned PSLs, I didn't care who I sold them to, nor did I ask. 

It's just a dumb, homer mentality that would rather eat tickets than sell them to a buyer. "I'd rather lose the $150 than sell them to someone who's going to wear a Raiders jersey in the stadium."

Archived