• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Will Grier throw more TDs or INTs his first game?

Snake

Will Will Grier throw more TDs or INTs in his first game?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. TDs or INTs?

I'm a Grier fan and all but the people worrying we're gonna win are wasting their concerns. He's got no rapport with his teammates, is a rookie with no experience, is playing behind a "historically bad, worst in franchise history" OL (remember that at 4 pm Sunday like everyone has the last few weeks!) oh and our run defense is as strong as a wet piece of toilet paper stepped on by 6ix9ine.

I find it hilarious that posters here are fretting about a young QB potentially having a couple of great games (which seems like a stretch to me ... ).  No, that doesn't mean he's the future, but the change in draft position is not going to make or break this offseason either way... as we've seen with Allen, early success is not indicative of sustained success, but I'd rather go into the offseason with Grier playing well than playing like poo, regardless of what that means for our record.

16 minutes ago, Shufdog said:

I'm just trying to decide if I should start Indy's defense this week in fantasy, it's for the championship.

Tough call. We will likely put up points but will also likely give up sacks and we have a rookie starting QB. This could lead to Kyle Allen 2.0(torching Arizona) or it could lead to Dwayne Haskins 2.0(0 TD's, 3 INT's versus NYG). 

My question is for those who expect Grier to do well:

Upon what exactly do you base this optimism? Because he was a good college qb? Any drafted qb in the NFL was a good college qb. What has he done since joining the team that would give you reason to think he will do well Sunday? 

If you are going to point to the fact Allen looked bad during preseason as well and then performed better during his first few starts, it’s important to understand that evidence against a negative is not the same as evidence for a positive. It just means the positive is possible.

For those actively rooting against Grier, my question is different: 

Given how rare yet important good qb play is, and given the ample evidence we’ve seen presented lately that good qb’s are available beyond the top ten or top five, is rooting for Grier to fail really the best thing for your team if you support the Panthers? Are the odds that a single victory by a rookie qb will cost us the chance to draft our future franchise starter really as great as all the hand wringing suggests?

Archived