• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turner and Randle on the move??

bLACKpANTHER

56 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

1131896192_ScreenShot2019-12-17at8_10_52AM.png.4dec26973ea0e12fe70fcc8421ff4c15.png

423375806_ScreenShot2019-12-17at8_13_30AM.png.cee1c6c2858a6bef59aaac647a27699a.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you trade Biz's expiring and our 1st round pick for 2 years of Randle?

Would you trade Biz and Monk and a 1st rounder for 4 years of Turner?

I would trade Biz, Monk, and Zeller for Turner. They could throw in another contract.

I don't think there is any benefit to throwing Cody in there because it doesn't sweeten the pot at all. Next year his expiring will be tasty looking to other teams looking to shed bad contracts.

The Pacers are positioned nicely as far as cap-wise. They really don't have a bad contract. They will just be asking for assets in return - not trying to tie anything to Turner - I assume..

Randle - No

Turner - Sign me up.  The draft this year seems meh, and if the Hornets flirt with the 8 spot it's the same draft purgatory we're always in so that pick could be pretty blah. Don't know what the package would have to look like (salaries could get weird here), but whatever it takes, for a 23 year old Center with tons of promise?  On an insanely cheap deal? Happily do that. 

Keep flipping expiring deals this season & next for assets, and get the rebuild going around Graham, PJ/Miles, & Turner...could be worse options. Would give us flexibility to continue a "slow" rebuild, or the chance to even flip a couple of guys into a bigger star to put with Graham/Turner. 

• 1 month later...

I don't think I would give up on Roz this soon.. We just aquired him after Kemba leaving and he has been probably the most consistent player (Graham included) on the roster.. maybe Mitch thinks he wants to shed him to Graham can be sole starting PG but idk.. I'd like the pickup of Randle but not at the expense of Monk AND Roz.. Monk and MKG's expiring would be okay.. throw in a 2nd rounder to sweeten the pot

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I don't think I would give up on Roz this soon.. We just aquired him after Kemba leaving and he has been probably the most consistent player (Graham included) on the roster.. maybe Mitch thinks he wants to shed him to Graham can be sole starting PG but idk.. I'd like the pickup of Randle but not at the expense of Monk AND Roz.. Monk and MKG's expiring would be okay.. throw in a 2nd rounder to sweeten the pot

Its a pretty even deal and Randle would help the rebounding and scoring.  Dunno, I kinda agree with you though.  Maybe if Randle played some center.  Tough call.

Apparently they are still talking about Drummond.  Better not give up that first.  He probably signs elsewhere in the offseason anyway.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If we give up our first pick this season, it will be an official white flag waving event for the Jordan Bobnets. We will just have to await new ownership for hope. This is likely one of our better chances we have had to get an elite talent(albeit in a weaker class).

Yeah, cant trade that pick.  I keep hearing about Edwards and Wiseman but want Obi Toppen.  That dude is fuggin great.

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No.. Stay on the path.. Lose competitively and keep playing the young guys while earning a high draft pick.. Hopefully top 3. 

Aaaaah. I see. Weeeell, this isn't a great class to have a top 5-6 pick in, admittedly. I wouldn't have minded trading for some of the other young players that were mentioned(Randle, Turner). We do have some guys that we desperately need to dump(Monk, MKG). It would have been nice to move them and maybe Rozier for some other young talent.

But, we are now executing the "worst roster in the NBA" gameplan that was talked about during the preseason....

Archived