• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh, what's he up to lately?

beastson

2 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

What did he do in the NFL? Nothing. No championships and went to as many Super Bowls as Riverboat Ron. 

Inherited a 6-10 team and lost the NFCCG off a punt return fumble in OT. Then the next year lost the Super Bowl off a questionable no call on a goal line fade. Then the next year lost the NFCCG on an interception in the endzone in the last minute

he took an absolutely horrible Stanford team that went 1-11 the year before and with one recruiting class cycle had them winning a BCS bowl and finishing top five. Then won 10 games his first year at Michigan after taking over after the worst era of their 120 year history

anyone questioning his ability as a football coach at any level is sipping that yak 

1 minute ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Inherited a 6-10 team and lost the NFCCG off a punt return fumble in OT. Then the next year lost the Super Bowl off a questionable no call on a goal line fade. Then the next year lost the NFCCG on an interception in the endzone in the last minute

he took an absolutely horrible Stanford team that went 1-11 the year before and with one recruiting class cycle had them winning a BCS bowl and finishing top five. Then won 10 games his first year at Michigan after taking over after the worst era of their 120 year history

anyone questioning his ability as a football coach at any level is sipping that yak 

So your telling me he did all that and never won a championship? Sounds like the coach the old mediocre Panthers would want. We want a guy that wins damn championships not just winning divisions every now and then. Winning a championship game but never win the SB. 

14 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

So your telling me he did all that and never won a championship? Sounds like the coach the old mediocre Panthers would want. We want a guy that wins damn championships not just winning divisions every now and then. Winning a championship game but never win the SB. 

3 straight championship games. 1 win and 2 losses and all 3 were decided on the last play which means the coach did everything possible to put them in position to win. Meanwhile we’ve never even had back to back winning seasons.

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

Why don't you list off all the candidates that have won multiple Super Bowls, in that case. I'll wait. 

6 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Anyone know where Harbaugh stands on analytics and the like? I know he's a popular option with some here, but I see about a zero percent chance Tepper goes after someone as old school and set in their (at times crazy) ways as Harbaugh. 

I don't think there has been any serious link between Harbaugh and this opening as of yet. It's just Huddle speculation. 

18 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Anyone know where Harbaugh stands on analytics and the like? I know he's a popular option with some here, but I see about a zero percent chance Tepper goes after someone as old school and set in their (at times crazy) ways as Harbaugh. 

His brother is an old school guy but has embraced analytics more than any coach in the NFL with the Ravens.

Given how close Jim and John are, I have to imagine they discuss strategy and brainstorm about coaching (they both used Greg Roman as OC).

Also have to remember the 49ers were running a modern read offense offense with Kaepernick long before it was in fashion.  The Harbaugh brothers will do whatever it takes to win, and are smart enough to know they have to incorporate heavy usage of analytics.

Archived