• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Questions about Tepper

Ncpantherfan71

6 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

Ron had control of the roster. Him and Hurney are the two who made that decision so in my opinion, that's even more of an indictment against him. One of Ron's faults is his refusal to move on from veteran players and give the younger talent more snaps. It takes an injury for him to replace somebody who obviously shouldn't have been touching the field. Also I wouldn't give much merit to words coming from one of the worst defense's in the league.

Yep. Yesterday was yet another example. Zylstra made 2 of the best catches any of our WRs had all year and got open constantly, even before the Saints pulled their starters.

Hurney obviously saw enough to claim him. That was justified yesterday. Him not playing was on Rivera.

I will always appreciate Olsen, but yet another example is Ian Thomas riding the bench all year. I sure wish now he had gotten more reps going into next year.

I defended Rivera plenty earlier in the season against the crowd who acted like he could do nothing right.

The pendulum has swung way too far in the other direction now, though. 

Rivera wasn't perfect, either, and this was one of his worst faults 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The vast majority of Ron Rivera's post Panthers comments can be summed up with "Hey, wasn't my fault".

We do not know what was going on behind the scenes. I am pretty sure Dave didn't take much input from Ron.  Ron wanted to keep Norman, and the draft that year was not good.  

I think a coach, gm, and owner going in the same direction is paramount in a successful team.  I do not believe this team has had that in the last 4 or 5 years.  Team seemed to rotate one of the people in those positions as the square peg.

28 minutes ago, Ncpantherfan71 said:

Hopefully we will be able to see a general direction for the team with the coach and front office jobs.  

I hope I am wrong, but I am not getting a real good vibe reading a lot of comments and reports coming out around the team and players now.

Would you expect to get a good vibe coming from a team who's HC was just fired midseason, completely imploded on both sides of the ball, and whose franchise qb situation was as clear as mud? Things are not hunky dorry atm but any regime change is going to involve that. Let's see how things go before we declare the new owner the next Jones or Snyder. Ickmule is right, time will tell, one way or the other.

4 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Would you expect to get a good vibe coming from a team who's HC was just fired midseason, completely imploded on both sides of the ball, and whose franchise qb situation was as clear as mud? Things are not hunky dorry atm but any regime change is going to involve that. Let's see how things go before we declare the new owner the next Jones or Snyder. Ickmule is right, time will tell, one way or the other.

I didn't expect this level of what looks like total disfunction, from the top down.

1 minute ago, Ncpantherfan71 said:

I didn't expect this level of what looks like total disfunction, from the top down.

Eh... JR always made sure things looked dignified and presentable from the outside looking in, and look what we found out was actually going on. This doesn't look totally dysfunctional to me, just looks like people understandably pissed off about a bad season and situation. For a lot of vets on our roster, this is effectively the culmination of their careers. I'm not inclined to worry too much if we're seeing a few more ruffled feathers than usual, because the changes are indeed big and the situation is undoubtably bad. But as always ymmv.

My background is in the military.   When this is seen in units it is usually due to a lack of clear vision and people working together to achieve a common goal.

I am Just another clueless fan guessing what is going on.  Unless Ron, Dave, Marty, and Tepper all write a tell all book from their point of view all we will ever have is our speculation. 

5 hours ago, Ncpantherfan71 said:

I have started to have some concerns about Tepper as an owner. 

Me too.

I might be reading too much into things, but hearing a few things Ron has said

If anything but "I'm a damned moron and a terrible head coach" comes out of Ron Rivera's mouth, you can be sure he's lying.  Ron Rivera is a narcissist and an inveterate liar.

looking at how this year went I am starting to think there might be a Jones/Snyder type in the owners box.

I agree.

Archived