• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Herbert

Snake

34 minutes ago, w280sax said:

We have a lot of needs...I wish we could trade down and come away with two #1 picks.  We need a great draft top to bottom so bad.

The problem with that thinking is this (and I agree with you)---the first round has a few elite players---studs that will make an immediate impact.  I see about 5 of them in this draft.  If Tua or Herbert sneaks in, we are guaranteed one of them.  Here is the list (from my research--not some expert):

1.  QB Burrow.  Even with only about a year in the saddle, he seems to be the real deal.

2. DE Young.  Oh my--what a stud. Reminds me of Clowney with better tape.

3.  OT Thomas.  A natural LT.

4. DT Brown.  Will be a force in the NFL

5. WR  Jeudy Everyone who drafts someone else will regret it.

6. OT Wirfs.  Lack of time at LT is offset by his versatility.

7.  CB Okudah.  The only long, shut down CB in the draft.

Some would argue that Tua belongs in this group; some might argue that Wirfs and Okudah do not, but you get the idea. I am speculating that one of the top five will be there when we draft at #7.

So do you pass on a home run and hope for two doubles?   I dunno.  Maybe after free agency we will both feel better about the number of holes we have to fill.

Like i think the center talk is laughable but not really when our best one was an elite prospect and a second rounder, so it makes sense ppl think you always have to spend high draft picks on them when really you don't

Literally every other position we are hurting at requires higher draft picks than C usually, so mocking Tyler Badiaiznfhdjs to us at 7 is ridiculous. Second rounder at that spot would be fine, Eric McCoy is a stud for the Saints and is better than Garrett Bradberry who all the homers kept shoehorning to us in mocks last year

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Obviously, this goes without saying

But usually centers aren't first rounders, so let's not treat that position the same we treat corner, OT, Edge, WR, those positions are harder to find

If you are looking at C, LT, WR, or QB draft round doesn't really matter if you are convinced they are a starter. We drafted Ryan Kalil knowing that we had another Center who could play. This year the only question not on that line is Turner. Any player that would upgrade that situation you don't hesitate. Now given the choice of a starting LT or C well the choice is clear. But that doesn't happen much. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The problem with that thinking is this (and I agree with you)---the first round has a few elite players---studs that will make an immediate impact.  I see about 5 of them in this draft.  If Tua or Herbert sneaks in, we are guaranteed one of them.  Here is the list (from my research--not some expert):

1.  QB Burrow.  Even with only about a year in the saddle, he seems to be the real deal.

2. DE Young.  Oh my--what a stud. Reminds me of Clowney with better tape.

Some would argue that Tua belongs in this group; some might argue that Wirfs and Okudah do not, but you get the idea. I am speculating that one of the top five will be there when we draft at #7.

So do you pass on a home run and hope for two doubles?   I dunno.  Maybe after free agency we will both feel better about the number of holes we have to fill.

Top ten picks bust all the time wth lol

All these picks are crap shoots, the best way to hit on them is to have more resources

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you are looking at C, LT, WR, or QB draft round doesn't really matter if you are convinced they are a starter. We drafted Ryan Kalil knowing that we had another Center who could play. This year the only question not on that line is Turner. Any player that would upgrade that situation you don't hesitate. Now given the choice of a starting LT or C well the choice is clear. But that doesn't happen much. 

Hartwig was trash and often injured and we took BPA at his spot bc he wasn't playing well for us at all and Kalil was a can't miss prospect, don't revise history

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I mentioned in another thread, but LT is about the only Oline position traditionally taken top 10

7 minutes ago, cmichd said:

It won't be the first time I've been made fun of...No one knows what Tua will do.  I just made the statement I heard today during the game.  I liked Jones the Alabama QB today.  2nd half made Michigan CB's look silly.

You think Cleveland is trading up... You also forget the QB from Georgia is going to be available too. 

34 minutes ago, cmichd said:

If Tua is not coming out he will not be on the board at 7.  The way it was shaking out 1 Burrow to Cleveland 5 Hebert to Miami and 7 would be Tua to Chargers....Miami and Chargers could flop on who they drafted.  They were saying on the Michigan and Alabama game Tua won't be throwing to April so it would be better for him to return to school and look at next year as the #1

Tua, potentially Lawerence and Fields would make for a crazy stacked first round in 2021.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

2. DE Young.  Oh my--what a stud.

I have seen in few mocks Chargers going after Okudah instead of an OLine player.

Archived