• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Patriots need to move on from Tom Brady and trade for Cam Newton

joemac

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Would you take that to move off Burrow? No way Cinci passes on him for any price.

I'm not the GM of a football team.  They could have other plans in mind, and stupider things have certainly been done in the past.  

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I don't think you do that anyway.  The number one pick (using 2019 numbers here, but will illustrate the point) was worth 3000 "points".  The number seven pick was worth 1500, the 23rd pick (Pats pick) was worth 760 and the seventh pick of round two was worth 530.  Which is STILL short of the 3000 points to get to the number one pick in the draft.

And seriously, there is just not one rookie who is worth three, statistically speaking.

Ok so thats 2790 compared to 3000.  So we throw in a 2nd next year too then?

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Cam is worth more than a low 1st, and frankly I'd prefer to keep him here and see if he has anything left.

When it came up the Panthers were looking to trade him, NFL FO poll had him worth a 2nd to 3rd round pick. 

Main reason I think he stays, his injuries have completely tanked his trade value.  

Archived