• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule: An Education on Our New HC

SetfreexX

Gents feel free to drop educational links, as many I am intrigued by this hire, I've wanted an offensive minded coach for sooooooo long to attempt to maximize our potential. I'm not a huge college guy but my thumb is on it, let's help educate each other on the addition. 

#keeppounding

https://footballscoop.com/news/matt-rhule-came-grips-rpo-game-smash-mouth-coach/

That said, why Rhule embraced the RPO game was because of the following reasons:

• To protect the run game
  • To exploit the defense (more on this later*)
  • To put defenders in conflict
  • To spread the ball around
  • To negate defensive pursuit

•  

The Guy has coached the DL

The Guy has coached the LBs

The Guy has coached the TEs

The Guy has coached QBs

The Guy has Cosches the OL

The Guy has been a Special Teams coach

The Guy has been a OC and a HC

The Guy has coached on a NFL staff so he knows how the NFL works vs guys like Dabo and Lincoln Riley or Even Urban Myer.  They know College football, they know how to recruit which is 60% is college  football but 0% in the pros

Though Rhule has come to grips with the RPO game, he deploys it only situationally. “The hard part of the RPO is not the whats, it’s the when,” he said. Baylor runs RPO in the following situations:

• Base downs
  • 2nd and long
  • 3rd and 3-6
  • Red zone
  • Four-down territory

Why not on 2nd-and-short? It’s simple: Rhule loves the quarterback sneak there. “We changed our season by just going QB sneak,” he said. “We were 14-of-14, including two plays of over 15 yards. 2nd and 1-2 is direct run, preferably QB sneak.”

Archived