• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NY Giants Owner Confirms They Thought Rhule Contract Was Too Steep

bobsfoodbasics

1 hour ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

but in a way he's admitting rhule was their first choice but they didn't want to spend that much, so they settled for second best.

great way to start a relationship with their new coach :shades:

Not only the new coach but the players AND the fanbase lol like yea we’re not paying for you guys to have the better option.

They need to just shut up and run with a story that looks better.

Reminds me of JR refusing to fire fox to save some money or not even looking at coaches like Harbaugh around the time Rivera was hired...business mindset.

We don’t know yet if Tepper is making the right choices but damn this is a whole new attitude. Hire the best no matter the cost it’s not business over winning, winning IS the business.

51 minutes ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

John Mara has $500 million. Sound like a lot of money? Yeah, it's a lot of money.

David Tepper has $12 billion. That's 24 times as much as John Mara. To put it another way: $60,000 a year is a common salary in Charlotte right? 24 x 60,000 is $1,440,000. Tepper has so much money he even makes other NFL owners look like peasants.

He had 12 billion two years ago. Today, I suspect he has 15 billion.  

Yeah so Tepper basically threw this dude a grand and said be our coach. That’s literally what 60 million means to him. This is Monopoly money. You say “spend our money wisely” it’s not our money. It’s Tepper’s money. Has no ramifications on cap space or anything. This is literally just you being stubborn and not liking how it feels because of public perception.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ditto.

he literally made that amount since the hire, with money he already had.   i wouldn't worry if it was right or wrong.  its time to accept we have FU money.  we have the kind of money where the cops give you a ride home if they find you driving drunk.  its gonna take a minute to get use to, i know.  but its wonderful.  and he's putting $ into facilities and sports science - these are good no matter how rhule does.   we haven't gone out and paid stupid money on FA's and thrown a team together like snyder.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ditto.

It's appears that you've deluded yourself into thinking your football opinions are of actual value out in the real world, when they are actually just droplets of water in the vast sea of uneducated, under-informed opinions that this board hosts for entertainment value and ad revenue. This is a place to have fun discussion about football, not to feign 'worry' about our billionaire owner spending 'too much' of his own money and 'looking stupid' because he didn't pick who you wanted him to. You don't have to worry about Tepper, his money or his business sense; he's good. 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah so Tepper basically threw this dude a grand and said be our coach. That’s literally what 60 million means to him. This is Monopoly money. You say “spend our money wisely” it’s not our money. It’s Tepper’s money. Has no ramifications on cap space or anything. This is literally just you being stubborn and not liking how it feels because of public perception.

Not really. It's more you not getting the point.

Again, I don't care how much money he spends if he makes smart choices. If he makes dumb choices, I'm very concerned by the fact that he's making dumb choices.

The reason to be concerned about him making dumb choices is not because of the money. It's because owners who make dumb choices produce lousy teams.

It's not really that hard to understand.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Finished the other interviews, at least McDaniels, before deciding.

Also would have felt a lot better if Tepper had brought in a consultant rather than just trusting that he and Marty were enough of a braintrust to make this decision on their own.

I think from a speaking standpoint and just telling them exactly what they wanted to hear, there just wasn't gonna be anyone to best out Rhule. I think they knew this and pulled the trigger, its always a risk but there is no denying the contagious compassion that resonates from Rhule. I dont think we can go wrong as far as finding a man to lead men but a good NFL experienced OC and DC would be nice. Would rather go for the unknown in Rhule then say the know of McCarthy or the bad vibes McDaniels gave me. If he can make me feel it I cant imagine what its like being a player in the locker room.

2 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

I mean they are right. You literally said “spending OUR money” but it isn’t ours. It’s Teppers. It doesn’t effect cap. It doesn’t effect anything other than optics which mean nothing.

It affects how good a team we are.

That kind of matters.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really. It's more you not getting the point.

Again, I don't care how much money he spends if he makes smart choices. If he makes dumb choices, I'm very concerned by the fact that he's making dumb choices.

The reason to be concerned about him making dumb choices is not because of the money. It's because owners who make dumb choices produce lousy teams.

It's not really that hard to understand.

Good fuging god dude. Nobody here is saying that this hire will FOR SURE work out. We’re saying the money doesn’t matter because Tepper has 12 billion dollars. You kept complaining about the amount of money and spending our money wisely. It does not matter. 

Archived