• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther Secondary vs. Saints WRs

unicar15

I have never had as much confidence in our secondary as I do right now. We are getting some great defense out of our DBs. The Cards are as dangerous a passing team as there is in the league and we handled them with relative ease. The Saints are on a different level but I am pretty pumped to see how we come out against that offense. Should be a good test...

Our pass defense was fabulous, without a doubt. Martin was a fantastic surprise, but Gamble, Marshall and Munnerlyn were great as well. Dante Wesley in as a linebacker on certain plays was a stroke of genius and I am betting that we'll see that against Nawlins as well.

Our pass defense was fabulous, without a doubt. Martin was a fantastic surprise, but Gamble, Marshall and Munnerlyn were great as well. Dante Wesley in as a linebacker on certain plays was a stroke of genius and I am betting that we'll see that against Nawlins as well.

I think Wilson played better then Capt yesterday. I think we have some good depth at CB.

Our secondary's only as good as our pass rush. If our pass rush is anywhere near as effective as it was against the Cards, then I feel a lot better about our chances.

If Peppers shows up like he did last Sunday then the Saints are in trouble. God Im glad Beason lit a fire under his ass. The Saints D is what worries me. If they can stop the run then we are in trouble. Never thought I would say that.

The Cards WRs are better than the Saint's but Brees is a hell of a lot better than Warner. A lot of those passes last night were absolutely perfect. Atl's secondary is pretty weak but I don't see how anyone could have defended those. Unrelenting pressure and keeping Brees off the field will be key(yes, I am captain obvious).

Through all the frustrations with this secondary and this defense, the one thing we've seen that has held up as designed in this scheme is the ability to stop the big play. I don't see that changing against the Saints. In my mind, the question is whether or not we'll be able to stop them from putting together drive after drive of 8-15 yard passes - exactly what Atlanta did to us.

Archived