• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing to keep an eye on this offseason.

1of10Charnatives

21 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

They better not spend this money this off-season. Sign a few free agents and draft along the lines and then tank 

Yep. I’ll be pissed if we trade Cam and then sign FAs. That’s what the cap rollover is for now. We know the 2021 QB class looks phenomenal and we are very close to being the worst team out there. Go for it and then use the cap space.

27 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Not going to assume that because a lot of teams make moves like they're going to tank, but then go out and sign big ticket free agents anyway. I think the Dolphins are doing a true tank, and I think the 76er's much maligned "process" in the NBA was a true tank, but I think most teams that their fans say are tanking, either aren't actually doing it, or are doing it half arsed.

And Dolphins still are not getting the best pick in the draft.. And they did a "true tank"..

16 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I think we're stuck with KK for one more year regardless because of the contract rework, although if they truly are just clearing out all the old guard, maybe they do actually cut him and eat the cap hit. Now THAT would definately be a clear signal they're just tanking no matter what.

Marty’s stupid restructuring for no reason costs us about $4-5M but we can still dump him. We’d still end up saving some money just not as much as if Marty jus stopped ducking around and we never used any of the cap he created. 

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And Dolphins still are not getting the best pick in the draft.. And they did a "true tank"..

Yup. Just goes to show there are no guarantees. One of the obvious problems with tanking is you can't really get hyper competitive pro athletes who's next contract depends on how good they play to suck for the sake of getting better guys to replace them.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

So if this is a rebuild what are we doing with cmac and I wonder what he thinks

He was in Miami for the super bowl on that good morning football show. He was asked about the Cam trade rumors. He basically said I really hope not, that’s my guy, I love him. A lot of players are not gonna be happy if we cut ties with Cam. If we do, I’m onboard with trading cmc to help with the rebuild quicker.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

He was in Miami for the super bowl on that good morning football show. He was asked about the Cam trade rumors. He basically said I really hope not, that’s my guy, I love him. A lot of players are not gonna be happy if we cut ties with Cam. If we do, I’m onboard with trading cmc to help with the rebuild quicker.

Could we get a 1 and 3rd for him?

Archived