• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Cam Newton is believed to be healthier

TheSpecialJuan

10 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

Wait Tepper just said last week that if Cam is healthy he will be back. A week later he is now healthy. Something seems off about this.

I think they are going to trade Cam, seems like they are trying to find out who will be the next QB and just using Cam's health as an excuse to delay the process.

He didnt say that

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As usual, Juan's title doesn't accurately reflect the content (and no, that's not an accident).

Rodrigue says that the Panthers believe Newton will be healthy enough to pass a physical in March.

Juan's been banned for pulling this sh-t before. Won't exactly be shocked if he's permabanned at some point.

...The SpeculationJuan is a better name...

7 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Passing a physical is one thing. Being able to throw the ball and run like he used after surgery on his planting foot and his throwing shoulder is another. Some people don't come back 100% after surgery. And add in a broken back too. 

Panthers just want to see him perform. I don't know if they can do that in a workout but lets find out.

They are not going to find out if he's back 100% until he shows what he can do in live game action. Just another reason I think they already made up their mind that he is gone.

2 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

They are not going to find out if he's back 100% until he shows what he can do in live game action. Just another reason I think they already made up their mind that he is gone.

Agree but it just depends on what we can get and if Tepper is looking to clean house and build a team with his name on it.

37 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
The Panthers believe QB Cam Newton is likely to pass a physical/be cleared for some football activity in March, according to a source. They're still likely to exercise precaution through spring workouts - that is, if Newton remains with the team. Details:

Cam Newton passed physicals past week 9 in 2018 and week 1-2 2019, what is the difference here? 

2 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Which is why no team is going to want to trade for him. And if a team does want to trade for him, it will be for almost nothing.

So you would take almost nothing over Cam for 20 million?

You really think the Panthers would not supply film of Cam throwing and team doctor reports to a potential trade suiter? Keep changing things to fit your narrative. If Cam is not healthy he will be cut, I personally don't think Tepper is a big fan of his.

P.S, Team doctors can disclose whatever they want if I'm not mistaken. I believe I heard Cam started going to his own doctors for this reason.

2 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Which is why no team is going to want to trade for him. And if a team does want to trade for him, it will be for almost nothing.

So you would take almost nothing over Cam for 20 million?

Yes.  He doesnt fit into the long range plans.  Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.  They want to start fresh.  They are getting contracts off the books to start anew. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yes.  He doesnt fit into the long range plans.  Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.  They want to start fresh.  They are getting contracts off the books to start anew. 

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Cam back for this one year if the team is willing to go all in on winning a super bowl with Cam in 2020. But I don't see them giving the fat 3-4 contracts needed plus pushing back cap from this year to do it. It would make sense TBH, we want to suck 2-3 years to get picks.

Archived