• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"This organization see's Moore as a #2 WR"

ncfan

6 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Yup, agreed.

I don't care what the Panthers call Moore, he's an amazing YAC guy...if he can figure out how to run routes, just the slight nuances of the game, he can be a really good player.

Let's hope the new staff helps him learn and excel.

You do also have to remember Ian Rapoport said in January Cam was "all but traded." I've lost all respect for EVERY SINGLE one of these analysts after this fiasco. 

There is a little bit of truth to Smitty's statement. There is a difference between putting up WR1 numbers like Moore has done on this team and being a legit game on the time, go to WR1 who is going to make the big play.  He's not in that elite category with the Julio Jones/DeAndre Hopkins/Michael Thomas/OBJ's of the world. Heck, he's not even in the same category as Mike Evans/Keenan Allen/Davante Adams. In my opinion, he fits in with more of the Brandin Cooks/Robert Woods/Kenny Golladay types who are very good WRs who put up consistent production and WR1 type numbers in their offenses, but they aren't guys who are taking over the game week in and week out.

I think year 3, in a new offensive scheme that should play to his strengths, will be a good test to see if he elevates his game to that next level.

52 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

There is a little bit of truth to Smitty's statement. There is a difference between putting up WR1 numbers like Moore has done on this team and being a legit game on the time, go to WR1 who is going to make the big play.  He's not in that elite category with the Julio Jones/DeAndre Hopkins/Michael Thomas/OBJ's of the world. Heck, he's not even in the same category as Mike Evans/Keenan Allen/Davante Adams. In my opinion, he fits in with more of the Brandin Cooks/Robert Woods/Kenny Golladay types who are very good WRs who put up consistent production and WR1 type numbers in their offenses, but they aren't guys who are taking over the game week in and week out.

I think year 3, in a new offensive scheme that should play to his strengths, will be a good test to see if he elevates his game to that next level.

Those players didn’t put up 1000 yards at age 23. Heck Keenan Allen didn’t surpass 1200 yards until his 5th season.

6 hours ago, Car123 said:

Those players didn’t put up 1000 yards at age 23. Heck Keenan Allen didn’t surpass 1200 yards until his 5th season.

Keenan Allen literally put up 1046 yards his rookie year at the age of 21 and then only played a total of 9 games in years 3 and 4...

The only WRs that I named that didn't have 1000 yards by the time they were 23 was Golladay (because he entered the league at 24 and had 1000 yards in his 2nd season like Moore did) and Woods who landed with an awful Bills team and was WR2 behind Watkins in the early years. 

I'm not saying Moore is a bad player or even a WR2. He has WR1 production but it's not that next level of production and talent you see from some of the other guys I named. When I look at Moore, I see a lot of similarities of Brandin Cooks. Brandin Cooks and Moore have nearly identical stats through their first two seasons at the same age.

1 hour ago, NYPantherFan said:

Keenan Allen literally put up 1046 yards his rookie year at the age of 21 and then only played a total of 9 games in years 3 and 4...

The only WRs that I named that didn't have 1000 yards by the time they were 23 was Golladay (because he entered the league at 24 and had 1000 yards in his 2nd season like Moore did) and Woods who landed with an awful Bills team and was WR2 behind Watkins in the early years. 

I'm not saying Moore is a bad player or even a WR2. He has WR1 production but it's not that next level of production and talent you see from some of the other guys I named. When I look at Moore, I see a lot of similarities of Brandin Cooks. Brandin Cooks and Moore have nearly identical stats through their first two seasons at the same age.

Meant Cooks, Woods, Golladay... Wood’s didn’t have 1000 yards until year 6.

Cooks had Drew Brees throwing to him. Moore had inaccurate Kyle Allen as his quarterback. Moore would have had 1300 yards if he played the final two games. He was raw coming out of college... let him keep developing.

Archived